Curt Weldon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curt Weldon

Congress' Fire Chief has been voted out. I know Mr. Weldon has done awesome things for the fire service in this country, and I'm sure he will continue to after his term. I know it will be tough, but can anyone think of a person who could attempt to fill the shoes of Mr. Weldon in Congress?

For those of you don't know, Curt is the one of a few key advocates for the funding of the fire service. He was very influential is the startup of the SAFER, and FIREACT programs, which have benfited thousands of fire dpeartments throughout the country. He's also one of us, a firefighter, fire chief, and most of all, a leader!!
    A Fire Chief has ONLY 1 JOB and that's to take care of his fireman. EVERYTHING else falls under this.

Just try to forget that whole federal investigation into him and his daughters lobbying firm.
    Just another one of the 99%ers looking up.

Comment

Just try to forget that whole federal investigation into him and his daughters lobbying firm.
      Head hunting... plain and simple. Nothing will come of it because there is nothing there.
      Always remember the CHARLESTON 9

Captain Grant Mishoe, Curator of History
      North Charleston and American LaFrance Fire Museum
      "You'll never know where you're going until you remember where you came from"
      www.legacyofheroes.org
      www.firehistory.org
      www.sconfire.com

Comment

Steny Hoyer, House Whip - Elect, member of Fire Caucus since it's inception, co-chair of the Fire Caucus, friend of firefighters, paid & volunteer.

Comment

Yea, but he is Republican, and any union guy has been preached too, day in and day out about the evils of voting Rupublican. So in retrospec, the IAFF and it's locals should be celebrating.
          Who cares the good he did.
          PS can anyone show the same care of fire service he showed from Pelosi, Clinton, or Kerry? I'm talking action, not lip service.
          My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
          "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
          George Mason
          Co-author of the Second Amendment
          during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
          Elevator Rescue Information

Comment

Knowledge is power

Hate to break it to you Rum, but Weldon was endorsed by the IAFF...And received Firepac money.IAFF Scorecard
            Last edited by MIKEYLIKESIT; 11-09-2006, 07:13 PM.
            IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Comment

Gosh... I see that the Governor of Minnesota received Firepac money too. He also is a Republican. When you bash our Union, at least have some facts to back it up.
              IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Comment

Originally posted by sconfire
                Head hunting... plain and simple. Nothing will come of it because there is nothing there.
                It was the appearance of the impropriety that got him defeated.
                Look; the Republican party didn't solicit congressional pages or send them salacious emails. Mark Foley did. Look at the damage done. Hastert's seat was in jeopardy over the whole thing.
                There were no less than eight Republicans who lost their re-elections because they were under investigation for various reasons. In a country that is founded on the principle of innocent until proven guilty, the voters showed impatience by believing the worst and voting for someone else.
                Our own governor is under investigation, but won overwhelmingly. The congressional candidate from my district orchestrated a scheme to funnel illegal campaign funds to his then boss. See FEC v. Friends of Lane Evans. The finance director at the time was the congressional candidate's campaign manager this time around. Because of the "Victory Fund", the Evans campaign was fined $185,000. And yet, he was still elected. All you heard this election year was that people wanted changed. They wanted to throw crooks out and those who used their positions for influence.
                It doesn't look like that to me.
                CR
                Visit www.iacoj.com
                Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
                RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Comment

Gosh... I see that the Governor of Minnesota received Firepac money too. He also is a Republican. When you bash our Union, at least have some facts to back it up.
                  Our Governor recieved his pac money from the Minnesota Professional Firefighters, an organization of which I am proud to say, our union does not belong. Theres a fact for you.
                  My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
                  "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
                  George Mason
                  Co-author of the Second Amendment
                  during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
                  Elevator Rescue Information

Comment

The difference with Curt Weldon was that he was a firefighter!! And even held the rank of chief. I don't believe anyone else in Congress (House and Senate) can say they are or were a firefighter. And if they are or were one, they certainly are keeping that info under wraps. Curt's office took calls from all over the country because he was the "fire expert". Someone had a question or a problem, they called him. Didn't matter what state or what party line. How do I know this? I worked for him for almost 2 years in DC.

As noted under the Grant forum, visit www.cfsi.org and see if your Senators and Congressman are members of the Fire Caucus. Get to know their DC and District office fire staffers (sometimes the person that handles Military and Homeland Security issues) on a first name basis and be nice, also invite them to the fire house and/or for a ride-along -- education is the key especially with the new batch coming in January.
                    "When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in this world. My hope is to leave the world a little better for my having been there."
                    -- Jim Henson (1936 - 1990)

Comment

So what does that have to do with your REPUBLICAN Governor getting IAFF PAC money or an endorsement? You aren't in an IAFF Local?
                      Last edited by MIKEYLIKESIT; 11-10-2006, 12:07 AM.
                      IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Comment

Did you see Liebermann on TV?
                        Did you see who he thanked and who was standing right behind him and to his left?
                        Harold Schaitberger.
                        The union supported an Independent. An independent. An independent...
                        Resonates, doesn't it?
                        CR
                        Visit www.iacoj.com

Comment

Three things I won't argue about: Religion, Politics, and The Great Pumpkin.......
                          Just because I am paranoid does not mean they aren't out to get me.

Comment

There were no less than eight Republicans who lost their re-elections because they were under investigation for various reasons.
                            and yet NJ elects a guy that will most likely soon be forced to leave (his newly re-elected) office and possibly spend some jail time.
                            "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Comment

Originally posted by OffBase
                              Three things I won't argue about: Religion, Politics, and The Great Pumpkin.......
                              You forgot fog vs. straight stream.
                              CR
                              Visit www.iacoj.com

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse