Stortz Connected Handlines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stortz Connected Handlines

Is anyone using stortz connected handlines? I so, have there been any issues and would you recommend it?

What about weight? How do they compare? And ease of deployment? Do the couplings hang up on door jams and things more than a conventional coupling?

Comment

I pushed for them when we purchased new hose. Why not? I never considered them to weigh more, or be more prone to damage. Didn't fly though, too "uncompatable" with neighboring depts.

Comment

I have no personal use with Storz connections on hand lines, however they are extremely popular with Vermont Departments in conjunction with 2" hose.
        "Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than yourself."

Comment

Originally posted by SBrooks
          Do the smaller storz couplings require a lock, or can they simply be twisted on & off?
          Even if they do have locks, you could operate them easily by yourself, where with LDH couplers it can ber hard at times
          'Adversus incendia excubias nocturnas vigilesque commentus est"

www.vententersearch.com

Comment

My former department in Vermont has been using storz connections on thier 1.75" and 2" handlines since the late 80's. In my opinion they work great. Easy to connect, and snow and cold is not a problem. The do cost a little bit more, but they are less likely to be damaged and need replacement, so in the end it evens out.

The only downside is the cost of adapters on your pump panels, gated wyes, etc. and the spares you need for your 2.5"-1.75"/2" reducers.
            Train to fight the fires you fight.

Comment

Do the smaller storz couplings require a lock, or can they simply be twisted on & off?

Comment

No lock required. I have never seen them get hung up while deploying and never "twisted off" inadventently in over 15 years.

Weight is about the same as "conventional" couplings.
                Train to fight the fires you fight.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                Working...
                X