Had to share this...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had to share this...

This video, in my opinion, is one bad *** video on Firefighting. I saw in once before and and thought it was worth sharing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRnoA...elated&search=

First let me say this post is not in response to you, firetruckred, but in response to the video creator. In my opinion, there are those in our profession who are proud of what they do, then there are those who flaunt what they do and frankly embaress me (I don't know about others) with some of the things they do. While this video wasn't so over the top, it just reminds me of those people who go out in public and in every conversation they participate in, all they can do is bring it back around to them in the fire service. Sorry for the rant, and again, this wasn't directed toward you firetruckred.

Comment

Nice video and a good song!!

Comment

Originally posted by firefighter1023
        First let me say this post is not in response to you, firetruckred, but in response to the video creator. In my opinion, there are those in our profession who are proud of what they do, then there are those who flaunt what they do and frankly embaress me (I don't know about others) with some of the things they do. While this video wasn't so over the top, it just reminds me of those people who go out in public and in every conversation they participate in, all they can do is bring it back around to them in the fire service. Sorry for the rant, and again, this wasn't directed toward you firetruckred.
        I can't see what problem you had with this video. It should both career and volunteer, rural, urban and suburban and everything in between.

Now.. the video by the guys in PG known as "33" is another story entirely.
        ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
        Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Awesome video, thanks for sharing Red. Did anyone else cringe when they saw that crashed Helo? The only Helos we see around here are of the EMS sort, God I hope I never have to see one of those that went down.

PKFPD
          IACOJ and proud of it

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Comment

[ The only Helos we see around here are of the EMS sort, God I hope I never have to see one of those that went down.[/QUOTE]

That is a medical helicopter, it crashed in D.C. a few months ago. I don't remember if there was a patient aboard.
            Just because I am paranoid does not mean they aren't out to get me.

Comment

Originally posted by pkfd7505
              Did anyone else cringe when they saw that crashed Helo? The only Helos we see around here are of the EMS sort, God I hope I never have to see one of those that went down.
              I must have looked too quickly. All I thought was "Wow, they parked awefully close for an LZ".

Pretty good slideshow, though a little repeditive. Most of the shots were of the "Ohh, big fire"-type. Then again, I guess shots of alarm-panel resets wouldn't have the same appeal.
              So you call this your free country
              Tell me why it costs so much to live
              -3dd

Comment

Originally posted by voyager9
                Pretty good slideshow, though a little repeditive. Most of the shots were of the "Ohh, big fire"-type. Then again, I guess shots of alarm-panel resets wouldn't have the same appeal.
                I agree, it was alittle intense. Follow me around for a few days and you'd get a lot of footage of alarm-panel resets, fender-benders and an old guy saying "Marge here said she smelled something burning, so I figured we should call."
                PAJ

IACOJ Rehab Sector

Comment

sweetness..
                  'Adversus incendia excubias nocturnas vigilesque commentus est"

www.vententersearch.com

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainGonzo
                    I can't see what problem you had with this video. It should both career and volunteer, rural, urban and suburban and everything in between.

Now.. the video by the guys in PG known as "33" is another story entirely.
                    First, Thank you Captain. That was my thoughts exactly, plus you see a number of different techniques/tactics used. It is just amazingly put together, in my opinion, and the song just gives it one more additive to a great video.

I especially love the sign on the truck that has the mirror image of the fire and says "Let's go guys" and the last pic of the brothers together.

It is so good I think I will watch it a third time. : )

Comment

Hmm, I thought the video was well done, not to mention entertaining. I agree, it had none of the "hey, look at how great I am" crap the other video had.
                      My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
                      "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
                      George Mason
                      Co-author of the Second Amendment
                      during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
                      Elevator Rescue Information

Comment

Yes, I agree. The video was well done and a great tune. There was no hero crap and "hey look at me" stuff.

I agree with the good Captain.....the "33" videos are the "hey look at me" crap. Good footage and tunes just put together wrong in my opinion.

Good video
                        Jason Knecht
                        Firefighter/EMT
                        Township Fire Dept., Inc.
                        Eau Claire, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
                        http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
                        EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

Comment

I liked it. It was put together well and seemed to send the message that the producer wanted to send. I do not see the "hey look I am a firefighter" thing. Thanks for posting it Red
                          K-9 hunt, the ultimate challange.
                          EVERYONE GOES HOME
                          IACOJ

Comment

I was kind of shocked when I saw the image which I have attached in the movie. It is a fire which a local department near me had back in march. (We sent a tanker to this fire) It is also from the same fire which my avatar is based from. ( I, or anyone I know had nothing to do with this video) Small world ain't it?

BTW, it was an old abandoned school.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Thaddie; 11-02-2006, 02:31 AM.
                            Firefighter
                            Eureka District Fire Department

Comment

Originally posted by Thaddie
                              I was kind of shocked when I saw the image which I have attached in the movie. It is a fire which a local department near me had back in march. (We sent a tanker to this fire) It is also from the same fire which my avatar is based from. ( I, or anyone I know had nothing to do with this video) Small world ain't it?

BTW, it was an old abandoned school.
                              Nice pics Thaddie, I especially like the fallen sprinkler system. Glad you mentioned that it was abandon because I would have really been worried if that building was still in use.

PKFPD
                              IACOJ and proud of it

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X