• Show
Clear All
    DeputyChiefGonzo
    Forum Member

• CaptainGonzo
    replied
    phenix lids...

http://www.handtubs.com/GSpage12.htm

The owner of HandTub Junction is a phenix dealer.. he can order TL2's.

He lives in Southborough, our neighbor to the South.

Leave a comment:

• Just a new name
    Some Guy

• KyleWickman
    replied
    fireman4949,

How did you ever make out with this? I just called the company and they qoted me $452. I think I am going to jump on it.

Any other thoughts on these out there? Anyone?

Leave a comment:

• nwvfd93
    Forum Member

• nwvfd93
    replied
    I have the first TL2 in my Dept. It's a nice lid. My biggest concern is that the suspension and head ratchet don't seem as beefy as the Cairns but don't get me wrong, it is standing up just fine. I just wish it was more like the Cairns suspension. Other than that, its a great helmet. I love the soft plyable leather. It has a different shape everytime I throw it on. I haven't had it quit a year yet and the paint is a little worn. For the deal, you can't go wrong. I recommend it. I do believe its true leather, wrapped around some sort of shell.

Leave a comment:

• fireman4949
    Forum Member

• fireman4949
    replied
    Originally posted by FiRsqDvr45
    I have the lone TL2 on my department and I love it. SOme of the brothers have tried it on and liked the lighter weight and the lower stance. As soon as I find a dealer near me to get a quote I will order another to go with my new gear. Gonzo can you help?
    I'm trying to get some info on these lids, but have so far been unsuccessful.

I want to know if the leather is dyed or painted, and if it's painted, how well does it hold up? My newest Cairns is chipping paint like an old Harlem tenement.

Is the TL2 at least as comfortable as a New Yorker?

Also, is the brim on the rear longer than the Cairns? In the few pictures I've seen it appears to be, but I can't tell for sure.

Finally, I would like to see what is considered to be a "good deal" on a TL2.
    The only price I have been able to get so far is just over 5 bills.

Thanks for any input you can give.

Kevin

Leave a comment:

• FiRsqDvr45
    Forum Member

• FiRsqDvr45
    replied
    Me too...

I have the lone TL2 on my department and I love it. SOme of the brothers have tried it on and liked the lighter weight and the lower stance. As soon as I find a dealer near me to get a quote I will order another to go with my new gear. Gonzo can you help?

Leave a comment:

• AKDude
    " Leather Forever"

• AKDude
    replied
    Thanx. I think I am going to try one out! I might get a Cairns. pretty sure with as strict as we are Ill have to get a Sam instead of a New Yorker.

Leave a comment:

• needlejockey
    MembersZone Subscriber

• needlejockey
    replied
    Capt! Going away from Cairns! Holy crap. With your endorsment I think the sales of Phenix will rise to include places other than CA. Sorry Bou . Atleast you're sticking with leather.

Out of curosity, is the Phenix TL-2 a true leather like the N5A and N6A or a composite leather like the Paul Conway American Hertiage?

Leave a comment:

• DeputyChiefGonzo
    Forum Member

• CaptainGonzo
    replied
    I tried on a TL-2 Phenix leather. It is very lightweight and comfortable.

I have no problems with either of my Cairns leather lids... I just thought I'd go for something different next time.

Leave a comment:

• fireman4949
    Forum Member

• fireman4949
    replied
    Originally posted by CaptainGonzo
    A bunch of our guys have the Phenix TL2 and like them. There is a call firefighter the next town over who is a Phenix rep.

My next lid will probably be a Phenix TL2*.

*Bou just had palpitations on reading that!
    So did I!!!!!

In your opinion Gonz, how do they compare to Cairns lids?

As a side note, I recently removed the crown pad from my newest N6A. Man, oh man does it ever fit better!

Kevin

Leave a comment:

• DeputyChiefGonzo
    Forum Member

• CaptainGonzo
    replied
    A bunch of our guys have the Phenix TL2 and like them. There is a call firefighter the next town over who is a Phenix rep.

My next lid will probably be a Phenix TL2*.

*Bou just had palpitations on reading that!

Leave a comment:

• AKDude
    " Leather Forever"

• AKDude
    started a topic Phenix Leather helmets

Phenix Leather helmets

Hi all,
    I was wondering if any of you folks out there are useing the new Phenix TL2 Leather helmets and if the are any good? Thanx for your input.

AKDude

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X