Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phenix Leather helmets

Hi all,
    I was wondering if any of you folks out there are useing the new Phenix TL2 Leather helmets and if the are any good? Thanx for your input.

AKDude

A bunch of our guys have the Phenix TL2 and like them. There is a call firefighter the next town over who is a Phenix rep.

My next lid will probably be a Phenix TL2*.

*Bou just had palpitations on reading that!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainGonzo
      A bunch of our guys have the Phenix TL2 and like them. There is a call firefighter the next town over who is a Phenix rep.

My next lid will probably be a Phenix TL2*.

*Bou just had palpitations on reading that!
      So did I!!!!!

In your opinion Gonz, how do they compare to Cairns lids?

As a side note, I recently removed the crown pad from my newest N6A. Man, oh man does it ever fit better!

Kevin
      Fire Lieutenant/E.M.T.
      IAFF Local 2339
      K of C 4th Degree
      "LEATHER FOREVER"
      Member I.A.C.O.J.
      http://www.tfdfire.com/
      "Fir na tine"

Comment

I tried on a TL-2 Phenix leather. It is very lightweight and comfortable.

I have no problems with either of my Cairns leather lids... I just thought I'd go for something different next time.
        ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
        Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Capt! Going away from Cairns! Holy crap. With your endorsment I think the sales of Phenix will rise to include places other than CA. Sorry Bou . Atleast you're sticking with leather.

Out of curosity, is the Phenix TL-2 a true leather like the N5A and N6A or a composite leather like the Paul Conway American Hertiage?
          Fir Na Tine
          Fir Na Au Saol

Comment

Thanx. I think I am going to try one out! I might get a Cairns. pretty sure with as strict as we are Ill have to get a Sam instead of a New Yorker.

Comment

Me too...

I have the lone TL2 on my department and I love it. SOme of the brothers have tried it on and liked the lighter weight and the lower stance. As soon as I find a dealer near me to get a quote I will order another to go with my new gear. Gonzo can you help?
              Proud to be an American, Union Firefighter!

Comment

Originally posted by FiRsqDvr45
                I have the lone TL2 on my department and I love it. SOme of the brothers have tried it on and liked the lighter weight and the lower stance. As soon as I find a dealer near me to get a quote I will order another to go with my new gear. Gonzo can you help?
                I'm trying to get some info on these lids, but have so far been unsuccessful.

I want to know if the leather is dyed or painted, and if it's painted, how well does it hold up? My newest Cairns is chipping paint like an old Harlem tenement.

Is the TL2 at least as comfortable as a New Yorker?

Also, is the brim on the rear longer than the Cairns? In the few pictures I've seen it appears to be, but I can't tell for sure.

Finally, I would like to see what is considered to be a "good deal" on a TL2.
                The only price I have been able to get so far is just over 5 bills.

Thanks for any input you can give.

Kevin
                Fire Lieutenant/E.M.T.
                IAFF Local 2339
                K of C 4th Degree
                "LEATHER FOREVER"
                Member I.A.C.O.J.
                "Fir na tine"

Comment

I have the first TL2 in my Dept. It's a nice lid. My biggest concern is that the suspension and head ratchet don't seem as beefy as the Cairns but don't get me wrong, it is standing up just fine. I just wish it was more like the Cairns suspension. Other than that, its a great helmet. I love the soft plyable leather. It has a different shape everytime I throw it on. I haven't had it quit a year yet and the paint is a little worn. For the deal, you can't go wrong. I recommend it. I do believe its true leather, wrapped around some sort of shell.

Comment

fireman4949,

How did you ever make out with this? I just called the company and they qoted me $452. I think I am going to jump on it.

Any other thoughts on these out there? Anyone?
                    This space for rent

Comment

phenix lids...

http://www.handtubs.com/GSpage12.htm

The owner of HandTub Junction is a phenix dealer.. he can order TL2's.

He lives in Southborough, our neighbor to the South.
                      Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Thank You Sir.
                        This space for rent

Comment

Originally posted by KyleWickman View Post
                          fireman4949,

How did you ever make out with this? I just called the company and they qoted me $452. I think I am going to jump on it.

Any other thoughts on these out there? Anyone?
                          I haven't done anything yet.

I might have to try a Phenix. They look like they're really pretty nice. I just hate to buy one, never having actually seen or tried one on.

Either way, I need a second lid. My current N6A is getting fried teaching in our burn building.

Kevin
                          Fire Lieutenant/E.M.T.
                          IAFF Local 2339
                          K of C 4th Degree
                          "LEATHER FOREVER"
                          Member I.A.C.O.J.
                          "Fir na tine"

Comment

ok lets see some pics of these tl-2's seen one on ebay and it was not a good pic

Comment

Originally posted by tailboardrider View Post
                              ok lets see some pics of these tl-2's seen one on ebay and it was not a good pic
                              Yeah, I'd like to see some pics too. I'd also like to hear some more reviews from folks that have worn both Cairns and Phenix, to see which they like better.
                              Fire Lieutenant/E.M.T.
                              IAFF Local 2339
                              K of C 4th Degree
                              "LEATHER FOREVER"
                              Member I.A.C.O.J.
                              "Fir na tine"

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse