Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Watch that next turn, it's a doozy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch that next turn, it's a doozy!

From the wide world of You Tube comes this example of how not to arrive on the scene of a working fire. Seems to be from Queensland, AU.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAMf2uesu0A

Enjoy!
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

I'll bet it took a Haligan to get the seat cushion outta the driver's butt!

Kevin
    Fire Lieutenant/E.M.T.
    IAFF Local 2339
    K of C 4th Degree
    "LEATHER FOREVER"
    Member I.A.C.O.J.
    http://www.tfdfire.com/
    "Fir na tine"

Comment

Where did you say that was? PG county, Md?

P.S. That was a joke, people. dont get all huffy now....
      Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

Comment

Originally posted by nyckftbl

Did I see a 33 on that truck?
        Fire Lieutenant/E.M.T.
        IAFF Local 2339
        K of C 4th Degree
        "LEATHER FOREVER"
        Member I.A.C.O.J.
        "Fir na tine"

Comment

Well!!..............

Originally posted by nyckftbl

I AM FROM P.G. YOUNG MAN!! AND THAT WAS ABSOLUTELY............

FUNNY........
          Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
          In memory of
          Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
          Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

I'm pretty sure that if I was driving the first thing I would have done was spit all the seat cushion out of my mouth that I sucked up my *****..!
            Do it because you love it, not because you love being seen doing it.

Comment

Do they teach that in driving school down there? Also, I didn't know fire burned the same way there...... We need Kiwi here!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tfpd109
                I didn't know fire burned the same way there...... We need Kiwi here!!!!
                It doesn't!

The vidoe image was rotated 180 degrees so we (top-worlders) wouldn't get dizzy watching it.
                Fire Lieutenant/E.M.T.
                IAFF Local 2339
                K of C 4th Degree
                "LEATHER FOREVER"
                Member I.A.C.O.J.
                "Fir na tine"

Comment

Originally posted by fireman4949
                  It doesn't!

The vidoe image was rotated 180 degrees so we (top-worlders) wouldn't get dizzy watching it.
                  Ahh, thanks for pointing that out. So, how do they put water on it? Do they spray the water on the ground, and the water runs up the walls?

Comment

OMG, apparently not to be outdone by the "Dukes of Hazard" Aussie move, some of our brothers on this side of the pond decided that they'd do this with thier engine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir9lyYm4aw4

Career Fire Captain
                    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Comment

Originally posted by BoxAlarm187
                      OMG, apparently not to be outdone by the "Dukes of Hazard" Aussie move, some of our brothers on this side of the pond decided that they'd do this with thier engine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir9lyYm4aw4

Good Lord!

We can get our trucks stuck on dry ground if it just clouds up a little!
                      Fire Lieutenant/E.M.T.
                      IAFF Local 2339
                      K of C 4th Degree
                      "LEATHER FOREVER"
                      Member I.A.C.O.J.
                      "Fir na tine"

Comment

Eh hem........

You might be a redneck.....

They'll be cleaning mud out from under that rig for months.
                        "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Comment

I like when the guy filming says "there putting on a show for us"
                          You need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the duct tape.

Comment

Originally posted by nozzelvfd
                            I like when the guy filming says "there putting on a show for us"
                            That's what I was going to post too ....

"They're putting on a show for us" followed by "Well, they don't just get paid to put fires out".
                            September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
                            IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
                            Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

Holy crap! I puckered up when I saw that!! Imagine what the officer on the rig was thinkin!!

Oh, and by the way: while we might find this video a bit funny to watch, lets keep in mind that that rig was literally millimeters away from going over, and it would have wiped out about 15 people on the sidewalk!
                              Last edited by firefightergtp; 10-23-2006, 10:14 PM.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X