Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just use high expansion. It is all you need
    The Box. You opened it. We Came...

"You'll take my life but I'll take your's too. You'll fire musket but I'll run you through. So when your waiting for the next attack, you'll better understand there's no turn back."

Comment

On any type of grease fire, I think there's quite a few that forget to remove the heat source, if grease continues to heat then you will have more difficult time putting it out. After removing the heat source, we've haven't had any problems putting them out with ABC fire extinguisher. As stated earlier, what ever you use, don't blast full force or the grease will go flying and create more problems or injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by JHR1985
        Just use high expansion. It is all you need
        Well yes. Putting the nearest airport crash truck on the first alarm would sure take of it quickly as well. In fact, if it is a snozzle equiped Striker, it could smash it's penetrating nozzle through the side of the building and nobody would even have to make entry!
        Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Comment

The purpose of Class K extinguishers has already been identified. The agent that is used is a blend of Potassium Acetates and Citrates. The question I want answered is "Is this agent edible ?" I have heard "theories" (or rumors) whatever, that after the agent has put the fire out and the oils cool off. They can turn the oils back on and reheat them, then stir the agent into the oils and go back to dippin' fries and fish. Has anyone heard this? Theoretically, potassium acetate and citrate are taken as supplements, so I tend to believe it may be possible. Could be a little salty, but possible. I am just looking for some documentation on this.
          The only person who does not screw up, is the person who does not do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by kadempc
            The purpose of Class K extinguishers has already been identified. The agent that is used is a blend of Potassium Acetates and Citrates. The question I want answered is "Is this agent edible ?" I have heard "theories" (or rumors) whatever, that after the agent has put the fire out and the oils cool off. They can turn the oils back on and reheat them, then stir the agent into the oils and go back to dippin' fries and fish. Has anyone heard this? Theoretically, potassium acetate and citrate are taken as supplements, so I tend to believe it may be possible. Could be a little salty, but possible. I am just looking for some documentation on this.
            Any board of health sanitarian/inspector worth his salt would require that the fryer be throughly cleaned, the old oil discarded and fresh cooking oil be put in prior to the restaurant's startup.
            ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
            Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

As a former restaraunt manager, I can ssure you that most, if not all states would require that the oil be changed and the vat (including any around that one that actually caught fire that the extingusher agent may have gotten into) be cleaned.
              Train to fight the fires you fight.

Comment

Concidering McDonalds has only recently annouced they are now using real chicken in their chicken mcnuggets, I suspect the extinguishing agent getting in the food would be least of your worries.
                Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Comment

In MI if any sort of food serving or sellling establishment (grocery store, Denny's, bar) had a fire the county health must be called by the FD. The business can't start back up till then.
                  j
                  It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X