Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firehouse? Still present on TV?

Hi,

another question that came up to me using this forum was if anybody has the old series of Firehouse (LA Co FD I think) on video or DVD? We are not able to get it over here and I`d love to see it again!

Please help out if you can.

Thx alot

wasn't that "CODE RED"?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081843/

looked even on ebay and found nothing
    Last edited by ffmedcbk1; 10-22-2006, 01:59 PM.
    Originally Posted by madden01
    "and everyone is encouraged to use Plain, Spelled Out English. I thought this was covered in NIMS training."

Comment

Are you thinking of "Emergency"?

Originally posted by ThNozzleMan
      Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
      FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

Comment

We've had "Emergency" on TV and other shows including:
        Firehouse USA (FDNY Rescue, Camden FD, Miami-Dade FD)
        Firehouse USA - Boston
        The Bravest (all over)
        Into the Fire
        .... any others?

Not quite sure I know which show you're talking about. Was it on fairly recently?
        Do it because you love it, not because you love being seen doing it.

Comment

It was not Emergency, This show was starring Lourene Greene. I believe it did also take place in southern california. It ran in 1981 I believe. Kinda coattails of the big "E"

check out the link that was posted earlier
          "and everyone is encouraged to use Plain, Spelled Out English. I thought this was covered in NIMS training."

Comment

They are right....it's "Code Red"

Comment

Firehouse TV Show

In 1974 there was a TV show called Firehouse, it starred Richard Jaeckel.

Comment

I was wondering if anyone remembers the movie I think from 60's or 70's that was abour a black rookie in new york that was taking the place of a lodd ff and the struggles with the house's senior man who was a racist. I thoughr it had Louis Gossett Jr. in it but I cannit find info on it. I thought it was called "the Fireman".

It was on a movie channel about 2 months ago and didn't get to watch too much due to calls.

Comment

Originally posted by ffmedcbk1
                  I was wondering if anyone remembers the movie I think from 60's or 70's that was abour a black rookie in new york that was taking the place of a lodd ff and the struggles with the house's senior man who was a racist. I thoughr it had Louis Gossett Jr. in it but I cannit find info on it. I thought it was called "the Fireman".

It was on a movie channel about 2 months ago and didn't get to watch too much due to calls.
                  the name of that movie was firehouse.richard jakel and richard roudtree stared in it.roundtree was the rookie. its a good movie.lots of good footage of working fires.

Comment

I remember a series called "Firehouse" as well. Was an LA City engine company ..old open cab pump based in sorta a tan stucco roofed firehouse. Can't remeber much else about it though.
                    Train to fight the fires you fight.

Comment

Yeah thats it

Yes that`s the show I meant, the one LAFireEducator named. The Info I have that it was LACoFD Engine 23 operating a a single engine house.

Any info if there might be video available anywhere?

Greetings and thx

Mausi

Comment

Here's a recently ended auction on ebay for a VHS copy of one of Firehouse's episodes. Maybe you can contact the seller to see if he has more.

http://cgi.ebay.com/FIREHOUSE-JAMES-...QQcmdZViewItem

Good luck with your search.

*EDIT*

I found that he has two episodes currently for sale:

I hope this gives you a start!
                        Last edited by IronsMan53; 10-23-2006, 05:25 PM.
                        I can't believe they actually pay me to do this!!!

One friend noted yesterday that a fire officer only carries a flashlight, sometimes prompting grumbling from firefighters who have to lug tools and hoses.
                        "The old saying is you never know how heavy that flashlight can become," the friend said.
                        -from a tragic story posted on firefighterclosecalls.com

Comment

Originally posted by glock509
                          the name of that movie was firehouse.richard jakel and richard roudtree stared in it.roundtree was the rookie. its a good movie.lots of good footage of working fires.
                          Yea that movie was just on TV a few days ago. I believe it was based in LA or SF. Made in 1973 if I remember correctly.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X