• Thaddie
    replied

It must be in here somewhere

Leave a comment:

• FTMPTB15
    replied
    Originally posted by Thaddie
    Again I am only trying to spark ideas, not create forum SOP's
    What, you didn't get the memo? You ARE responsible for creating the forum SOPs.

Leave a comment:

• Thaddie
    replied
    I did not necessairly mean a "secret" forum, I should have rephrased my opening post to say "posting restricted" forum. Again I am only trying to spark ideas, not create forum SOP's

Leave a comment:

• 2andfrom
    replied
    Secret Forum

The moment you tell anyone your secret it no longer is a secret-so yes I am in favour of secret forums--but don't tell anyone.

God its lonely in this little round rubber room--why is it painted pink?

Not keen on this jacket--those straps at the back, not one of Gucci's best designs--do they do it in anything other than canvas?

Leave a comment:

• cozmosis
    replied
    I'm sorry... Having a "private forum" sounds a lot like the wackers who want to use 10-codes so that we can have "secrets" from the scanner-listening public. Maybe I'm wrong, but nothing we post here is secret... Thus, there is no reason to have a secret forum.

Leave a comment:

• hfd66truck
    replied
    Originally posted by Thaddie
    interesting. When I signed up, I was never contacted. Oh well...

When you resistered did you fill out the application as well?

If not then your application is pending, awaiting the rest of the info.

Leave a comment:

• Thaddie
    replied
    interesting. When I signed up, I was never contacted. Oh well...

Leave a comment:

• ROOKIELZ
    replied
    Back to the real vs fake firefighters...

I have been a poster here for 5 years
    2 weeks ago, I became a paid subscriber.
    A few days later, someone phoned the house, representing FH and asked my Husband questions about me and my fire service.

Maybe they are starting to check out people?

Leave a comment:

• Nine3Probie
    replied
    Last edited by Nine3Probie; 07-28-2013, 05:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Tann3100
    replied
    Test to see if I can post

Leave a comment:

• BFDNJFF
    replied
    The best way to fix this problem is for the FH.Com people to recruit a few volunteer forum admins from the respected regulars to help police the forums. They obviously have there hands full and don't have the time to do it enough.

Leave a comment:

• klienbergtruth
    replied
    We need better leaders

Too much and for too long we seem to have surrendered personal excellence and community values in the mere accumulation of material things. Our gross national product now is over $800 billion a year.

But that gross national product, if we judge the United States of America by that, counts air pollution, and cigarette advertising, and ambulances to clear our highways of carnage. It counts special locks for our doors, and the jails for people who break them. It counts the destruction of redwoods and the loss of our natural wonder in chaotic sprawl. It counts napalm and it counts nuclear warheads, and armored cars for the police to fight the riots in our cities. It counts Whitman's rifle and Speck's knife, and the television programs which glorify violence in order to sell toys to our children.

Yet the gross national product does not allow for the health of our children, the quality of their education, or they joy of their play. It does not include the beauty of our poetry or the strength of our marriages, the intelligence of our public debate or the integrity of our public officials. It measures neither our wit nor our courage, neither our wisdom nor our learning, neither our passion nor our devotion to our country.

It measures everything, in short, except that which makes life worthwhile. And it can tell us everything about America - except why we are proud that we are Americans.

Robert F Kennedy Quoted three months before he was assassinated .

Leave a comment:

• Thaddie
    replied
    This brings up another point. Some forum software allow for a forum (such as firefighting discussion) to be set up so everyone can read but only "authorized users" can post... Then again, you folks are right, logistics sort of rule this out.

Leave a comment:

• MalahatTwo7
    replied
    I am not really sure I am in agreement here. I understand the concept and the reasoning behind the suggestion, but as Sheri has pointed out more than a few of those who meet the criteria of "Mutt" or "S.Disturber" are actually memebers of the fire community. That said ......
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Stewart46
    replied
    Originally posted by jlcooke3
    I'm not really in favor of a private "firefighter's only forum" for a variety of reasons.
    1.) Some who post here may not be a FF but still provide valuable information on relavent topics such as apparatus, pumps, and other technical issues.
    2.) Chool's, trolls, mutt's, and other abominations of legitamet posters exist only because "we" allow them to. For example the rash of conspiracy theorist that have currently invaded the forums are still around because "we" responded to their post. Once these types of post are found then one member should reply to the post simply warning other members of a troll alert and that the post and poster has been reported to the web team. If no one else responded then either the WT would handle it or the troll would starve to death. Either way we win.
    3.) What happens to those who have access to the private area but for what ever reason are no longer a member of a dept? Who notifies the WT? What about retiree's and those that are in between depts?
    4.) We don't need a private area to ensure that we are talking to a "real firefighter" it's been my expierence that the phony one's don't last to long and are usually exposed quite quickly.
    5.) And lastly if we seperate ourselves from the public how long does anyone think it will take before someone suggest the idea that there be seperate private forums for career and volunteer's. I can think of several posters on here that would love to do that very thing.

Just my thoughts on it.
    I agree 100% I am a new volunteer who reads more than post, I am learning every time I log on. What exactly would you need to discuss in a private area that cannot be discussed openly? I appreciate the knowledge and ideas I have picked up so far. Idiots are everywhere and will continue to be, if they weren't we wouldn't need as many FF/EMS folks!! Thanks!

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X