X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snowball
    replied
    Originally posted by JHR1985 View Post
    if your gonna be a truckman, get a belt that is at least 2 sizes to big.

because your gonna become a fat *** being a truckie
    Hey!! lol

I actually lost weight cause the cookie doesn't wash his hands. Now I just use the belt to hold my asscheeks together.

Leave a comment:

• Firetacoma1
    replied
    I don't like the axe between my SCBA and me. It doesn't have enough ability to swing, I can never get it so it's comfortable.

Leave a comment:

• WD6956
    replied
    Originally posted by Firetacoma1 View Post
    I don't like the axe between my SCBA and me. It doesn't have enough ability to swing, I can never get it so it's comfortable.
    Agreed, and i don't like the idea of a sharp metal object contacting the outer shell of my turnout coat.

Leave a comment:

• detroitfire1552
    replied
    Try slipping your axe through your SCBA belt if you don't want to carry it up the ladder with you. My 2 Cents

Leave a comment:

• backsteprescue
    replied
    I've got a gut belt and wear it over my coat. I have a boxlight hanging off the left side and my bailout bag is on the righthand side. I will also usually put an axe between me and the belt then carry the halligan (and hose if im on the engine)

I love the thing, and while I havent had to use it for anything more than carrying tools, but hope i dont have to!

Leave a comment:

• yjbrody64
    replied
    I agree that the snaps would be the weak link but they would also allow it to be quick-release if you were to get hung up. I think I'm going to make a couple versions and see how they work.
    Good point. I'd be interested to see pics of what you come up with once it's done. Thanks for sharing your idea.

Leave a comment:

• JHR1985
    replied
    if your gonna be a truckman, get a belt that is at least 2 sizes to big.

because your gonna become a fat *** being a truckie

Leave a comment:

• Firetacoma1
    replied
    Originally posted by yjbrody64 View Post
    I like the idea a lot, but I wouldn't think that you need or want snaps since snaps, to me, would seem like the weak part of that setup. Why not just slip the webbing loop over the unbuckled end of the SCBA waist belt at the begining of your shift? I don't know, maybe i'm not picturing the same setup as you.

Nice idea though. Might try it myself the next time I pull shift.
    Well, I'm a volunteer so I get whatever pack I get. I agree that the snaps would be the weak link but they would also allow it to be quick-release if you were to get hung up. I think I'm going to make a couple versions and see how they work.

Leave a comment:

• fiu400
    replied
    Tool pouch on Tryck belt?

Hey was wondering if I could get you opinions on having a tool pouch attach to the truck belt as well. I truck belt right now but all of my tools are in my bunker pants and sometimes my tools fall out. I was thinking of getting some kind of pouch to put on the belt. I was wondering if you have any suggestions or opinions on that idea.

Leave a comment:

• yjbrody64
    replied
    ...why not just put a piece of webbing with a loop on there? Perhaps with snaps so I can change between SCBAs...
    I like the idea a lot, but I wouldn't think that you need or want snaps since snaps, to me, would seem like the weak part of that setup. Why not just slip the webbing loop over the unbuckled end of the SCBA waist belt at the begining of your shift? I don't know, maybe i'm not picturing the same setup as you.

Nice idea though. Might try it myself the next time I pull shift.

Leave a comment:

• Firetacoma1
    replied
    Wow! Some cool products there for sure!

I'd love to see a picture of a belt with tool being worn with an SCBA on if anyone could make that happen!

In my mind I just can't picture how they won't interfere with each other.

Leave a comment:

• WD6956
    replied
    This might be stupid so I apologize in advance.

I want a belt with a ring to carry either an axe or a halligan. Then I started thinking, this is going to interfere with my SCBA waist strap... and I realized I already had a strap around my waist, why not just put a piece of webbing with a loop on there? Perhaps with snaps so I can change between SCBAs when necessary.

Thoughts? Does something like this already exist?

SCBA straps are usually not an issue with a truckmans belt. The strap is so thin it will either ride above or below your truckmans belt. I don't like using the SCBA belt for any type or carrying since it's too lightweight in design. And there are situations like a close quarter manuever where your going to unhook your waist strap, you don't want your tool(s) sliding off when you do that.

As for an axe holder, click this link and scroll down:

http://www.savajake.com/products.htm

If you scroll down more, he also has truckmans nylon belts in colors. All the items on that link are made a career FF and i can attest to them being top notch. I have a good deal of his products, a Sav-A-Jake, Truckmans Belt, Hurrican search line, glove holders, search line bag, axe holster, resuc tool holster, TIC strap and more. He has even done stuff custom for me. The quality is amazing. He sells the items on ebay as well under the SAVAJAKE name.
    Last edited by WD6956; 02-01-2010, 11:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Firetacoma1
    replied
    This might be stupid so I apologize in advance.

I want a belt with a ring to carry either an axe or a halligan. Then I started thinking, this is going to interfere with my SCBA waist strap... and I realized I already had a strap around my waist, why not just put a piece of webbing with a loop on there? Perhaps with snaps so I can change between SCBAs when necessary.

Thoughts? Does something like this already exist?

Leave a comment:

• TCollins17
    replied
    Got it

Hey FYI, I got my belt in the mail a few weeks ago and it was exactly like the picture. It fit perfect and it looks like it is going to hold up great. I am very pleased with this product and would recommend it to anyone looking for a belt to carry tools.

Check it out, here is the link www.traditionalfireleather.com

Take care and stay safe,
    Terry

Leave a comment:

• TCollins17
    replied
    I bought one from www.traditionalfireleather.com it is being shipped now I will keep you informed if you would like.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X