Truckmans belts worthwhile?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! Some cool products there for sure!

I'd love to see a picture of a belt with tool being worn with an SCBA on if anyone could make that happen!

In my mind I just can't picture how they won't interfere with each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Firetacoma1 View Post
      ...why not just put a piece of webbing with a loop on there? Perhaps with snaps so I can change between SCBAs...
      I like the idea a lot, but I wouldn't think that you need or want snaps since snaps, to me, would seem like the weak part of that setup. Why not just slip the webbing loop over the unbuckled end of the SCBA waist belt at the begining of your shift? I don't know, maybe i'm not picturing the same setup as you.

Nice idea though. Might try it myself the next time I pull shift.
      Nothing is as unimpressive as someone who is unwilling to learn.

Comment

Tool pouch on Tryck belt?

Hey was wondering if I could get you opinions on having a tool pouch attach to the truck belt as well. I truck belt right now but all of my tools are in my bunker pants and sometimes my tools fall out. I was thinking of getting some kind of pouch to put on the belt. I was wondering if you have any suggestions or opinions on that idea.

Comment

Originally posted by yjbrody64 View Post
          I like the idea a lot, but I wouldn't think that you need or want snaps since snaps, to me, would seem like the weak part of that setup. Why not just slip the webbing loop over the unbuckled end of the SCBA waist belt at the begining of your shift? I don't know, maybe i'm not picturing the same setup as you.

Nice idea though. Might try it myself the next time I pull shift.
          Well, I'm a volunteer so I get whatever pack I get. I agree that the snaps would be the weak link but they would also allow it to be quick-release if you were to get hung up. I think I'm going to make a couple versions and see how they work.

Comment

if your gonna be a truckman, get a belt that is at least 2 sizes to big.

because your gonna become a fat *** being a truckie
            The Box. You opened it. We Came...

"You'll take my life but I'll take your's too. You'll fire musket but I'll run you through. So when your waiting for the next attack, you'll better understand there's no turn back."

Comment

I agree that the snaps would be the weak link but they would also allow it to be quick-release if you were to get hung up. I think I'm going to make a couple versions and see how they work.
              Good point. I'd be interested to see pics of what you come up with once it's done. Thanks for sharing your idea.
              Nothing is as unimpressive as someone who is unwilling to learn.

Comment

I've got a gut belt and wear it over my coat. I have a boxlight hanging off the left side and my bailout bag is on the righthand side. I will also usually put an axe between me and the belt then carry the halligan (and hose if im on the engine)

I love the thing, and while I havent had to use it for anything more than carrying tools, but hope i dont have to!
                ------------------------------------
                These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
                ------------------------------------

Comment

Try slipping your axe through your SCBA belt if you don't want to carry it up the ladder with you. My 2 Cents
                  Jerry Stewart
                  Firefighter Engine Company No. 44
                  Licensed Paramedic State of Michigan
                  [email protected]
                  (313) 732 7377
                  Detroit Fire Department Local 344

Comment

I don't like the axe between my SCBA and me. It doesn't have enough ability to swing, I can never get it so it's comfortable.
                    Agreed, and i don't like the idea of a sharp metal object contacting the outer shell of my turnout coat.

Comment

I don't like the axe between my SCBA and me. It doesn't have enough ability to swing, I can never get it so it's comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by JHR1985 View Post
                        if your gonna be a truckman, get a belt that is at least 2 sizes to big.

because your gonna become a fat *** being a truckie
                        Hey!! lol

I actually lost weight cause the cookie doesn't wash his hands. Now I just use the belt to hold my asscheeks together.
                        IAFF

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X