Which is best?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CALFFBOU
    And how long ago was that? Over ten years?

Times have changed. Life is expensive and people are jumping through hoops too early.

I ask you or anyone else getting married today. Think about EVERYTHING. Kids, home, rent, credit card debt, fighting over money, school, car, maintence, food, savings....EVERYTHING.

If you get married BEFORE having a stable career, you might fall into that 50% divorce rate. And divorce is big for Professional Firefighters right now. People with a career, pension and stability are still having problems.

Think about. Get the BIG picture in before anyhting is set in stone.
    I'm not pushing one side or the other. Getting maried of course is a personal decision which should not be taken lightly. If you don't think about everything, as you say, there might be some surprises in store down the road.

What is it that makes you think that getting maried over ten years ago was easier than it is today? What makes you so special today? Hey, I had kids, a home, credit card-mortgage-automobile debt, school (both attending and paying for), food, savings (??) to deal with. All this while holding down three jobs and applying for fire departments. Probably without a doubt the hardest years of our mariage, which is stronger today because of it.

Again, I'm not advocating that somebody must get maried to make this all work out. But I am also not saying, as you seem to be, that you shouldn't get maried until your whole life is in order.

I don't want to hijack this thread, cuz it was originally about which type of school or academy to go to. I'll try to keep it more on subject next time (sorry Pancho).
    What if the hokey pokey IS what it's all about?

Apparatus Operator
    Salem Fire Department
    IAFF Local 314

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse