• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mark440
    Pro:
    Traditional helmets (You know it Bou!)

Cons:
    24 hours a day (48 if you work with Bou)

LOL...the only problem, where I work, we need to fix things. I DO wear a traditional helmet and work 24 hour shifts....Ugh!

Comment

OMG Bou!
      Does that mean tactical tupperware & 48/96 is a pipe dream???
      My idol doesn't exist!!!

I'm going to have to quit being a firefighter and go study the fall of the WTC...

*Mark
      FTM-PTB-RFB-EGH

Comment

We got close to the 48/96. Some day, some day...

As for the traditional helmet. I wear a light weight one and soon to transform to the mighty Phenix!

Comment

Pros and cons

for a cop- can't really answer that. Do have some cop friends- they seem to like their job.

Firefighter (actually emt or paramedic)

Pros: secure job, something different everyday (most of the time), beats a desk job (anyday)

Cons: I tell my freinds this- we're basically a bunch of paramedics that fight fire once in a while. If you don't like the medical aspect-stay out of the business. This is true for probably better than 95% of fds

Comment

Yea I understand that you only fight fires about 1% of the time in most cases. Anyway I can help people is fine. I just want to be able to help people. Yes fighting fires would be fun, but as long as I'm out there doing someone a helpful service is good enough for me. Plus, like you said, it beats a desk job anyday.
            Thanks and stay safe,
            Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Pancho
              Yea I understand that you only fight fires about 1% of the time in most cases.
              Tim
              I'd quit if that were true. There are plenty of places that still work. Don't let the ems fans fool you.
              I am a complacent liability to the fire service

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X