Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24/24 72hr work week. Then a kelly every 8th shift. Its not all that bad once you get used to it. It does make it kind of hard to work a part time job though.

Comment

Leave it us to be different! Our department works a 56 hr. week with three shifts. Schedule is as such:W-O-W-O-O-W-O-W-O-O-O-O. Strange, but we have been working it since about 1982. Used to be: W-O-W-O-O-O. I personally like the 96 off instead of the 72 off. Actually, I'm a 40 hour week training field trash guy and the schedule we have are 4-10 hour days with a 96 every other weekend (2 crews alternating, leaves 3 people there on M & F).

------------------
      Peace,
      TROLL

Just my opinions, not my departments. If they are alike, it usually means somethin's gonna happen!

Comment

I currently work 24/72, pretty cool, but my first day off, i drag ***. We usually make about 15 runs a day, usually at night. Plus everyone hauls tail out of the station when they're relieved.

I know a guy who works in a chemical plant, not as a firefighter, but he has an interesting schedule. 4 platoon, 42 hours:

M-T-W-H-F-S-S
        -------------
        D-D-O-O-D-D-D
        O-O-D-D-O-O-O
        N-N-O-O-N-N-N
        O-O-N-N-O-O-O

I might have it mixed up a bit, I think he might alternate groups of days and nights rather than two weeks of days, and then two weeks of nights. Regardless, he gets Friday through Sunday off every other weekend.

Comment

We work 24 on, 48 off. I lkie it. Every day is Friday. I used to work 12's at a nuke plant in CT.. friggin hated it! In the winter when I worked nights, When I got up it was dark, and when I went home it was dark. It sucked.

-------------

Comment

We work 2 - 10 hour days followed by 2 - 14 hour nights with 4 days off.
            Used to work 24 hour shifts and hope this department doesn't adopt it.

Comment

Hey Fitz, I think the same of you , ya freakin wacker!!!

Comment

we work a 24/72 now, but used to work 3 day shifts, then 3 off, 3 night shifts, 3 off, and then the cylce repeats. they were 10 hour days and 14 hour nights. i like the new way better!

Comment

24/7/365

------------------
                  Brian Cirard

Comment

We currently work the Calif. 3 platoon,
                    (WOWOWOOOO). Switched from the Detroit style 2 platoon 5 years ago (WOWOOO). Probably half the guys would kill to go back to it. Troll 911, the Warren, MI FD works your schedule, so you're not the only one.

Comment

Federal fire dept, We work 72 hr work week.
                      24 on/ 24 off with a kelly day every five shifts. Would love 24/48

Comment

We work a four platoon 24/72, but we have to work an additional 10 shifts a year. Works out to 46.7 hour work week. We have one less "debit day" starting next year. These aren't so bad as you can schedule them just like vacations. The attraction for the city is that they don't need nearly as many subs. A straight 24/72 would be pretty keen though.

Comment

We work one day on and have two days off, 56 hour work week. The first department I worked for worked two days on and had four days off. 24/48 works alot better.

Comment

We work two 10 hr days then 36 off then two 14 hr nights then 72 off...averages to 42 a week

Comment

We work a 56hr. work week. 24 on 24 off for 7 days and then get 6 days off. 24 on 24 off for another 7 and then 4 days off. An average of 10-11 days a month. pretty hard work!

Rick

Comment

We have the same schedule a Spokane does. Only a hand full of departments that do it. Four shifts working 24hr shifts. The following letters are the shifts and when they work. A B A B C D C D A B A B . As you can see it is W O W O O O O O. The five days off is awesome. The only catch is the debit day which falls every 28 days (10 a year). The A and C are opposites and the B and D are opposites. You have to go work on the opposite shift. In our city that means you can bounce all over the city if no one is off at your station. Be safe.

Larry

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X