emt national registry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• emt national registry

can someone give me some tips on how to pass the emt national registry ive taken it twice already failed both times by missing 3 too many both times

Is this test pretty hard? When I took emt it was some sort of state test and not the NR.
    I am a complacent liability to the fire service

Comment

i guess it all depends in my state alot of our regulations are different than that of the National Registry so that class focuses on state protocol but when you go to get your state license you take the national registry test..go figure

Comment

What state are you in.

Also what areas are you failing in?
        IACOJ
        FTM-PTB

Comment

I took it about 2 years ago and BARELY passed. IMO it's aimed more for someone who's just taken the class, and not someone with real life experience. I had been a first responder prior, and thought too much about what REALLY happens instead of what the test wanted. Try going in with that mindset. Also you can find prep books with sample tests, that route may help.

Good luck. The test sucks.

Comment

study study study

test is difficult but you can do it. if you fail one more time, i think you will have to go back and take a refresher course in order to take it another 3 times. and if you fail again, you have to take the whole class over again.

my teacher taught us that most of the questions were from taken from pictures illustrations in your book. but I dunno. Good Luck!!

Comment

goto.....

www.emtb.com

Thats what I used as a study aid...passed the 1st time.

Comment

nremt test

the best way to pass the test is to not read into the questions and sceneros. the test is designed to challenge your competence based upon what you have learned in the course. when i took the course we used the brady book 9th addition, there is a 10th addition now and the key is to study your chapters and work book. don't cheet on the answers because you only cheet yourself from passing the test. study with other emt's using your work book and study heavy on truma and medical but focus on airway and O2 administration within these 2 areas, medical-sample and focused history, truma- mechanism of injuryand truma assesment.childbirth focus on the different types of birth and the potential problems associated with them. but remember every one starts with the ABC's-airway -breathing-circulation. if you go to the NREMT website you can look up how the test was put toghther and why. go into the test with a good outlook, eat a good meal before and get plenty of sleep or rest depending on the time of day, mine was at 9:00 am in the morning. the average score is 82. I got a 78 and in my class an ER nurse failed. the first thing that comes to mind after reading the question is usually the right answer! IF you can't get an airway you might as well go home! GOOD LUCK ON YOUR NEXT TEST !!!! PS; you can also ask for a manually scored test, may people have passed with this because the computer screwed up.

"there is no greater family outside our own than the brotherhood of firefighters"

LT Dennis
                Respectfully
                Captain Max
                Firefighter/ EMT
                New Jersey

" IT's To Wear Seat Belts"

"there is no greater family outside our own, than the brotherhood of firefighters"

Comment

What I noticed is they have alot fluff in the questions, find what they are looking for/asking exactly, then go back through the scenerio and questions to find out what answer fits. Also to go along with that they teach in CPR and EMT class the ABC's, remember ABC in that order, treat injuries in that order only. Make sure you have the terminology down, if you don't know what a word means you won't know what the heck they are talking about. Remember the numbers, breathing rates, & pulse rates etc. With that said, the workbooks that come with the text is awesome to study from, you can also order from the NREMT's a practice exam I think thats still avalible.

Comment

Originally posted by fieldseng2
                    goto.....

www.emtb.com

Thats what I used as a study aid...passed the 1st time.

thanks for that link.

will def. help me with my test

Comment

I read this thread, and decided to check my mail. I just got my NR score back. got a 71%. the best advice to give is like someone said, dont read into the ?'s to hard. Most of the questions will have multiple right answers, you just have to figure out which one is best, or in some cases what you do first. Go to a bookstore, or get online and take as many practice tests as you can. that will probably help alot.

Comment

Nremt Test

275fbvfd

you must be all smiles! congratulations on passing the test it is not easy. welcome to the world of EMS! remember that continuing your education is the next step to being a good EMT.

"there is no greater family outside our own than the brotherhood of firefighters"

LT Dennis
                        Respectfully
                        Captain Max
                        Firefighter/ EMT
                        New Jersey

" IT's To Wear Seat Belts"

"there is no greater family outside our own, than the brotherhood of firefighters"

Comment

I live in California and i did pretty good in every subject both times except ob and peds

And who thinks i should get it manualy scored have people heard of alot of people passing this way? i missed 3 do you think the comp would mess up on 3?

Comment

I'm not what you would call a smart kid when it comes to taking tests. I used the orange practice book found at emtb.com mentioned earlier in this thread and I failed the first test. I then used "EMT-Basic Exam" which can be purchased at Barnes and Noble or online at kaptest.com I passed the second time with a 91%. This book also "guarantees" a passing score. Good luck to you.

Comment

NREMT Exam Advice

I came upon this thread before I started EMT school, and am I ever glad I saved the link. I found the site mentioned by pvfire424, www.nremtpractice.com especially helpful. Hopefully that thread will be of further assistance.

Regards, -pt

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X