• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: Used Black Cairns 1010

ebay!!!!!!
    RK
    cell #901-494-9437

Management is making sure things are done right. Leadership is doing the right thing. The fire service needs alot more leaders and a lot less managers.

"Everyone goes home" is the mantra for the pussification of the modern, American fire service.

Comments made are my own. They do not represent the official position or opinion of the Fire Department or the City for which I am employed. In fact, they are normally exactly the opposite.

i may be able to get you one im in CT.

Comment

Why would you want a used one? Just get a new one, their not that expensive. And you won't have to worry about it having some underlying problems that you don't know about.
      Fir Na Tine
      Fir Na Au Saol

Comment

Originally posted by mdd2121
        please email me if you have one available - MUST be black, preferably with faceshield

[email protected]

thanks
        i cant get u a 1010 but i can probably get you a ben 2 plus no interior use.

Comment

Originally posted by mdd2121
          please email me if you have one available - MUST be black, preferably with faceshield

[email protected]

thanks
          i cant get you a 1010 but i might be able to get you a black Ben 2 plus helmet w/ a 4 inch shield no interior use.

Comment

If you haven't worn a 1010, I'd try one on first. I hated mine. Sat too high on my big fat head Look into a Cairns 1044 (similar but not as shiny and lower ride) or a Morning Pride Ben II Plus. The 1044 is cheapest at $151 with the faceshield you want at www.thefirestore.com . If you're going to be doing this for a while, it's worth the money.

Of course if you have the money or want to combine birthday/Xmas presents for a while, leather is the way to go
            Tom

Never Forget 9-11-2001

Stay safe out there!

IACOJ Member

Comment

Leather Forever!

Comment

You can have mine. They suck.

Comment

Buy New

If you can afford it, buy new. I have seen the lowest prices at www.allhandsfire.com for any of the Cairns helmets. Good luck.

Comment

You can have mine. Please take mine. Picture to follow. I hate it. It sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by CALFFBOU
                      You can have mine. Please take mine. Picture to follow. I hate it. It sucks.
                      How much for shipping?

Comment

Originally posted by NYSmokey
                        If you haven't worn a 1010, I'd try one on first. I hated mine. Sat too high on my big fat head Look into a Cairns 1044 (similar but not as shiny and lower ride) or a Morning Pride Ben II Plus. The 1044 is cheapest at $151 with the faceshield you want at www.thefirestore.com . If you're going to be doing this for a while, it's worth the money.

Of course if you have the money or want to combine birthday/Xmas presents for a while, leather is the way to go
                        Not to get into a helmet debate,but the 1010 and the 1044 have identical interior components that are interchangeable and the helmets should if adjusted the same, ride the same. The primary difference is the 1010 is painted and the paint is molded through on the 1044. The shells are made of the same material.

Comment

Thanks for the info ehs7554. I got rid of my 1010 about 5 years ago. I haven't tried the 1044 on but our guys seem to like them much better. Maybe it is because they aren't so shiny
                          Tom

Never Forget 9-11-2001

Stay safe out there!

IACOJ Member

Comment

FYI- The "low ride" Cairns traditional helmet is the 880, not the 1044.

Comment

Guess I need to go back to helmet discussion school
                              Tom

Never Forget 9-11-2001

Stay safe out there!

IACOJ Member

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader