No announcement yet.

gauged ears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am going for a 6 gauge. it is a 4 mm hole for you guys. I actually did work at hot topic before.
    j
    It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Comment

Originally posted by Weruj1
      The picture does not show for me ............thats why I asked.
      Originally posted by firenresq77
      I think the pic was pulled or something...........

It's where they put big ole holes in their ear and put a metal ring in there to keep it open......... Looks like a grommet in the ear.....
      Hmm... it still shows up for me. Just keep in mind, it is not a picture of a (?)6(?) gauge. It's a picture of a 7/8 gauge... if that means anything to you... cause it sure seems like French to me!
      Do it because you love it, not because you love being seen doing it.

Comment

no it am looking at a 4mm hole. i will try and find a pic of it. think less the a pencil.
        J
        It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Comment

Originally posted by firenresq77
          I think the pic was pulled or something...........

It's where they put big ole holes in their ear and put a metal ring in there to keep it open......... Looks like a grommet in the ear.....
          Those 'puters at the place is what did it .........I went and just looked .......say it with me .............
          DONT DO IT!!
          IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
          Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
          ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
          RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
          LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
          I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
          "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
          http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Comment

We had a guy that made it to the academy with gauged ears. He never made it out. Enough said.

On a side note. It is amazing to me more and more how young people look at this job. I would have given my left N#$ to get hired. That meant I cut my hair, bought a suit..YUCK and learned to do as I was told. Why because this life style (Not a job) Rocks. So do what you want, but don't come to Houston.
            "DON'T GO IN THERE!!! DON'T YOU KNOW THERE IS A FIRE IN THERE!!!!"

"YOU'RE KILLING ME ROOK"

Comment

Originally posted by mcfd45
              I am going for a 6 gauge. it is a 4 mm hole for you guys. I actually did work at hot topic before.
              j
              That explains it...

Look...a lot of people who are firefighters have told have told you "don't do it"... yet you are still insisiting on "gauging" your ears...

we have a term in my FD for people who just won't listen....

cementheads.
              ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
              Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

At least get it big enough to put a 'biner through it. Just what we need, more "individuals". Whats the matter, mommy and daddy didn't pay enough attention to you as a child? You want to hang out and work with men, join the fire service. Maybe you'd be better off as a carnie or a rave mixer?

Comment

Just do it and get over with it. No one in here really cares what you do to yourself or your body as long as it doesn't affect real people as we Firefighters are!!

Arguing with you reminds me of two different things. Trying to put the horse dunk back in the horse and trying to administer medicine to a person that it already dead.

In any case do as you please as I really done care as long as it doesn’t affect me.

Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Actually, I hope he does screw up his ears. It'll make him an easy candidate to remember. To eliminate.

Comment

Oh I know. When I go before the interview board I want to come in right after the smelly, gnarly teethed, flea ridden bum wearing a skirt and a I'm with stupid tee shirt. So I have decided to do this.
                      I'd settle with going after the guy with holes in his head, er, I mean, ear lobes.
                      -------------------
                      "The most mediocre man or woman can suddenly seem dynamic, forceful, and decisive if he or she is mean enough." from "Crazy Bosses"
                      -----------------------------------------------
                      Genius has its limits, but stupidity is boundless.

Comment

Gonz, just a little insight to all that is Leroy........I don't have gauged, pierced or any other modifications to my ears, but one of my earliest nick names around here was Cement Head. Said in a loving way, of course, because as we all know, that iff'n your stones ain't being broken, they probably don't like you to begin with.
                        Leroy140 (yes, THAT Leroy)
                        Fairfield, CT, Local 1426
                        IACOJ Tillerman

Comment

mcfd45, I gotta ask the obvious:

Just how badly do you want the job?

Everyone here says it is a bad idea and you still seem determined to get it done. Sorry if I sound harsh, but it seems to me the holes in your ears might be more important to you.

Comment

Well I think the reason i want to do this is that when i do get on a FD i will have to act the part. i do not plan on getting on for at least 2 years. don't get me wrong i understand interview boards rip you to pieces if you bring attention to yourself. so i figure i got 2 years to get my freak on and still be an eccentric and wild and wahtnot because in 2 years i will have to do a lot of growing up in a short amount of time. so my view is it is better to do it now and get it out of the way. by the way i am only going for about a 4mm hole that will close in about 2 months. so ifigur when my medic class is winding down i will take out my rings and put them in my desk drawer, and save them for when i am 45 and having that whole mid life crisis thing.
                            J

Comment

You know what amazes me ? All of us ................ALL OF US ..............FF's in POC/Volly Ft/Paid departments say to skip this ..........and the GENIUS says he has time .........I mean it is only 2 years so he can be an "actor" .................you wanna do that sh&t ? Get on a soap opera. I am out on this one.
                              IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
                              Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
                              ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
                              RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
                              LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
                              I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
                              "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
                              http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Comment

so i figure i got 2 years to get my freak on and still be an eccentric and wild and wahtnot because in 2 years i will have to do a lot of growing up in a short amount of time.
                                J
                                If you plan on being a working firefighter in only 2 yrs I suggest you skip "getting your freak on" and start growing up right now. Otherwise you stand a good chance of doing something stupid and winding up permanently disqualified for a civil service career. Then again, are you sure this is really what you want to do with your life?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X