No announcement yet.

Survivor LED Alkaline Flashlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I reviewed this thread with much interest. Again it brings to lite a misconception regarding the lites we use. Applying basic physics, lite does not penetrate smoke, it is blocked by the products of combustion, 500ft stream of lite, not happening in fire conditions, the brighter the bulb the brighter the smoke around you is. The other joke about the advertising of all these great lites, "it will help mark your exit, making you safer"....simply out..BS. Seeing as though light is blocked completely by smoke, that is a fact, your lite will only be visible with a TIC if it produces a heat signature, those meat little blue blinking lites on your vulcan lite are useless, will not even work in an area with theatrical smoke. Lites do not create a safer environment on the fireground, firefighters do, educated ones. Just my two cents.

Comment

Sorry for the spelling errors fellas

Comment

Didn't the earlier versions of the Survivor have a metal clip? I seem to remember mine original one having one. I can't believe cost would have had them switch to plastic clips. That is one thing that they should change. I have a Big Ed light, it is much heavier than the Survivor. Also, the push button switch keeps getting turned on due to its proximity to my PASS. Anyone want to buy it??

Stay Safe
        Chris Polimeni
        Prince George's County FD
        Back at the Big 29er

Comment

One of the guys I work with had his survivor run over by the fire truck. He told streamlight. They had him send it in and they replaced it for free. I would say streamlight backs their products.

Comment

I believe lights on the fire ground do have there place in a smokey situations. If you have a new guy with you in a fire and smokey situation and this is his first fire I believe it is best if he is able to at least see the guy in front of him or behind him in those situations so he feels alittle more confindent that somebody is still there. I believe if he can't see the guys around him he will go through his bottle alot faster and panic now not everybody this happens to but some. I think he will have alot more confidence to start out with being able to see some of his firefighters around till he gets use to it. Anything you can have in those situations to help your chances should not be passed up and I do believe lights are a valuable asset on the fire ground.

Skippy you make alot of good points and this post is not knocking yours.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X