Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you wear under your bunker pants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legg's "Silken Mist" pantyhose, suntan color.
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

Comment

Ok, let's get one thing straight....I am in no way in anyone else's bunker pants!!! Keep your "Dickies" to yourself!

Seriously, I try to wear jeans or uniform pants as much as possible. Sometimes I wear shorts but then my legs get dirty or rubbed raw from the boots.

Also, at all times, wear socks!!!
      Jason Knecht
      Firefighter/EMT
      Township Fire Dept., Inc.
      Eau Claire, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
      http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
      EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

Comment

This thread certainly caught my attention!!!!

Since I'm a volly, when the tones drop, it's been jeans, shorts, dress pants, sweat pants and either a dress or skirt!

Socks are a must, blisters suck! When I wear shorts and sandals and catch a run, I've got those knee high socks stuffed in one of my pockets! They make me look real cute after the call is over and packing my gear back up!
        Lieutenant/EMT-B

VSFFA Member

"I'm a CCEMT-B."

"Remember, if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off."

"A lack of effort will always lead to failure."

Comment

Shorts...all year round.
          IACOJ Member

Comment

I've worn long johns, sweat pants, jeans, uniform pants, and dress pants, also wore shorts one time to a large grass fire....after it was out and we were back at station cleaning up...i looked down and my legs were a nice shade of black from the soot and ash being blown up the legs of the bunkers...decided then never to wear shorts under turnouts...always kept a set of spare uniform pants at the station.
            Any commander who fails to exceed his authority is not of much use to his subordinates. - Arleigh Burke

Comment

Our volunteer department is about 25% female. I hadn't thought about this question much until we had a call on a Sunday morning and 3 ladies rush in and drop their skirts before they put on their bunkers.

Couple of the younger guys couldn't look them in the eye for a couple days after.

Comment

Originally posted by kd7fds
                Our volunteer department is about 25% female. I hadn't thought about this question much until we had a call on a Sunday morning and 3 ladies rush in and drop their skirts before they put on their bunkers.

Couple of the younger guys couldn't look them in the eye for a couple days after.
                Which eye you talkin' bout??
                IAFF

Comment

How to catch a guys attention

3 ladies dropping their skirts would've caught many a young man's (and us older fellas to) attention.

I personally like to wear the minimum. T-shirt, shorts and socks even when the weather gets cold.

Comment

I ALWAYS wear my uniform pants, and also I take my regular boots with me wherever I go. In fact I always take ALL my gear with me no matter where I am going. Mainly because I want to get out of my hot, sweaty, filthy, heavy bunker gear ASAP. Plus I want to be ready for the next call, and the one after that, should they turn out to be a vegetation fire, or a medical aid.

Birken

Comment

Same as what we wear under our kilts/On a good night lipstick on a great night two different shades
                      Last edited by Chief2701; 09-19-2006, 02:49 PM.
                      [FONT=Times New Roman]Douglas R. Patton
                      IACOJ
                      "Omnis Cedo Domus"
                      I am now a former Chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone.
                      Isaiah 6:8

Comment

Less is definitely more: Calvin Klein thong - cotton blend with the seamed contour pouch, logo waistband, black to match the bunkers. I can post a picture if it helps.

Comment

Righttttttttt...........

Originally posted by Chief2701
                          Same as what we wear under our kilts/On a good night lipstick on a great night two different shades

THAT, Sir, is the best answer yet......
                          Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
                          In memory of
                          Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
                          Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

Originally posted by firestanggt
                            OK, so now I'm curious.

Nothing too graphic please, I'm going to assume you guys didn't walk around the station in your boxers, at least i would hope not. So when you get a call you all rip your pants off before gearing up?
                            That must be kinda funny to watch.
                            Imagine doing a ride along and seeing that. That would be enough to scare anyone away from the fire service.
                            We had a guy who would do just that .................
                            IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
                            Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
                            ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
                            RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
                            LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
                            I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
                            "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
                            http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Comment

It never bothered me any, but the middle of the night calls could sometimes be a bit... uuummm... revealing ... some of the ladies from my old station would come in wearning sleepware.... and thats enough imagination detail for anyone.

**just a good thing I know how and when to keep my eyes closed. Made life a little simpler that way.
                              If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

Nothing...
                                J
                                It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X