• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bferris01
    replied
    Update

Just wanted to post an update:

I have been promoted or punished (LOL) to Chief. Wow! Becare what you think you want. I am doing my best and we are making good progress with the help of some new members. We have a webpage up at www.bfd7.com and have been fortunate to get some help with hose and equipment.

We missed this years grants due to a "ISSUE" with the IRS and not processing our paperwork intime. Moving at the speed of Government once again. It is all worked out and we will it it hard next year.

If anyone out there gets lucky with this year and needs a place to donate anything in working order please keep us in mind.

We have a contract to build the station, nothing fancy just a secure heated building for the apperatus. Our final hurdle is the county planning comission and we will hear on the the 24th of this month.

Well that is the update and thanks to everyones help and thoughts and emails.

Chief Ferris

Leave a comment:

• bferris01
    replied
    Sorry

I just wanted to say, I am very sorry to Sister's Bay, WI Chief. Things fell apart on my end and we weren't able to take advantage of your generous offer of help.

Stay Safe and have a happy New Year.

Again Chief, Sorry about that.

Brian Ferris A/C 7

Leave a comment:

• bferris01
    replied
    Bump

Just a reminder, we are here

Leave a comment:

• bferris01
    replied
    Hi

HI there,

First happy holidays.

We are using the VHF currently and rumor has it we will be UHF in a year or two. Those are about it.

Hope all is well with you.

Take care

Brian
    A/C 7 Bakerton Fire

Leave a comment:

• hwoods
    replied
    An Added Bonus.............

Originally posted by bferris01
    Just thought I would ask and see if they are any VHF (153.860) capable pagers or really portables anyone might be able to spare. We are in desprite need of some com gear. The county is VHF now and moving to UHF in a few years.

Thanks
    A/C 7 Bakerton Fire

Brian
    Brian, we are in a different world, as Radios go, but I'll look around a bit. What other Frequencies do you folks use there?

Leave a comment:

• bferris01
    replied
    Looking for...

Just thought I would ask and see if they are any VHF (153.860) capable pagers or really portables anyone might be able to spare. We are in desprite need of some com gear. The county is VHF now and moving to UHF in a few years.

Thanks
    A/C 7 Bakerton Fire

Brian

Leave a comment:

• BC79er
    replied
    Got it, reply sent

- Brian

Leave a comment:

• bferris01
    replied
    Hi

BC79er,

Just sent you an email, my email is [email protected] incase you don't get it.

Talk to you soon

Brian

Leave a comment:

• BC79er
    replied
    Brian - shoot me an email, I think I got a line on something for you.

- Brian

Leave a comment:

• bferris01
    replied
    Have a safe and Happy Holiday

Just wanted to say thanks to those I have been in contact with, as well as wish everyone a safe and happy holiday.

We are starting to make some giant steps forward and couldn't have done it with out all of you.

I hope you and your's stay safe this holiday season.

Brian
    A/C 7 Bakerton

Leave a comment:

• bferris01
    replied
    Thank you WI

Just wanted to say thanks to Sisters bay, WI. See you on the 13th.

Stay Safe and be carful.

Thank you Thank you Thank you.

A/C 7
    Brian

Anyone else out there got anything? Maybe some of the new grant recipeants?

Leave a comment:

• bferris01
    replied
    Hey eastKYff shoot me an email at [email protected] so we can talk.

Mr Woods... Thanks for the hard work,we will be here..

Everyone have a great holiday and a Safe one

A/C 7

Leave a comment:

• hwoods
    replied
    Well, Well............

Originally posted by BC79er
    HOO is still in existance, but what is odd is that there is no mention at all of Mark on the site anymore. I talked to them about taking an active role with the organization to help drum up donations, revamp business processes, etc, and found out a pro fundraiser was the Pres of the Board.

Much of the ineffectiveness of HOO is because they have a lot of hoops to jump through because of the legal aspects of donating equipment from a non-firefighting non-profit to an FD. FD to FD is fine, even across state lines, but when HOO takes possession of the equipment the liability comes back for some stupid reason. That's why all of these other organizations can collect tons of stuff and move it to other countries at a much larger volume, they have no legal liability for the stuff they touch. That's why I wanted to get involved, to help remove those barriers, but HOO seems to be sitting still on many fronts. I'm all for helping brother & sister FFs everywhere, but I think we need to take care of those in the 50 first, then move things to other countries. JMHO.

Brian, I couldn't agree more. We waste millions and millions each year because of legal tangles. I have a overflowing schedule, but I'll try to get another thread started on this subject. I don't want to hijack this thread.

Also, A/C 7 - I'm still on the job, I haven't forgotten you folks.

Leave a comment:

• EastKyFF
    replied
    bferris, send me a PM. My dept has a saw and an electric PPV we'd let go real cheap.

Leave a comment:

• BC79er
    replied
    HOO is still in existance, but what is odd is that there is no mention at all of Mark on the site anymore. I talked to them about taking an active role with the organization to help drum up donations, revamp business processes, etc, and found out a pro fundraiser was the Pres of the Board.

Much of the ineffectiveness of HOO is because they have a lot of hoops to jump through because of the legal aspects of donating equipment from a non-firefighting non-profit to an FD. FD to FD is fine, even across state lines, but when HOO takes possession of the equipment the liability comes back for some stupid reason. That's why all of these other organizations can collect tons of stuff and move it to other countries at a much larger volume, they have no legal liability for the stuff they touch. That's why I wanted to get involved, to help remove those barriers, but HOO seems to be sitting still on many fronts. I'm all for helping brother & sister FFs everywhere, but I think we need to take care of those in the 50 first, then move things to other countries. JMHO.

And I wish we had some stuff to shoot you Brian, but we've given a lot of our stuff out to departments around here already in the same boat as you. I've got some contacts all over, I'll see what I can work in your direction.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X