X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uhhhh....

Originally posted by bferris01
    acado64,

Thanks for the interest......So far here the scoop.

I have recieved the bunker boots from Air-Boss. (Thanks Marc)

I am emailing 2 people/companys in Ohio, and talking with one in Maryland but still working on how they can help.

One of the companies from the next county over from us gave a some scott 2.2 we are getting serviced and tested.

Thats the count so far. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you

Be safe
    Keep up the good work.

What kind of bottles on the Scotts?? Steel, Composite, Aluminum??? AND, I'm still looking for stuff over here.

AND, you use National Standard Fire Hose Thread on your hose couplings, right?
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

Hi

Mr Woods... Hope things are getting better for you and again thanks for the help.

Yes we are using national standered thread, adn I belive the bottles we have currently are the older steel models.

I will also do a screach for the Helping our Own. Thanks for the direction to look in.

Brian

OHio????????? Not sure wht happened, I haven't gotten any replies from you. Hope all is ok. We will be here when you have a chance.

Comment

Update

Gentlmen,

Just wanted to update everyone. We currently have all the 2.2 steel and alumnium scba bottles we need. Thank you!!

We can still use any 4.5 scott bottles that you might have to give.

Also still in need of hand tools and adaptors and nossles

Thanks eveyone

Bferris A/C 7

Comment

What is going on with Helping Our Own?

I got this on e-mail twice in the last few days... Does anyone know what is up with HOO?
          -----------------

Hello Everyone,

This is Mark Warnick, Founder of Helping Our Own. I am writing this letter to inform all of you that I am no longer with Helping Our Own. While being disappointed with the events involved with Helping Our Own, a huge opportunity for Cleo and I presented itself the very next day! I now work as the sales manager for Dalmatian Fire Equipment in Lindon, Utah. Dalmatian Fire Equipment has been the largest donor of equipment to Helping Our Own, so it seemed like a natural fit.

The job offer was from Kim Holman, primary owner and Founder of Dalmatian Fire. Kim (and Trevor Johnston) have been wonderful, and they provided the necessary funding for Cleo, Shado’ and I to make the (approximate) 2000 mile move to Utah, including buying a large amount of groceries for us, getting volunteers to unload our truck, and finding us a condo. They have made the transition as easy as I have ever seen. Dalmatian Fire Equipment wants to help as much as I did through Helping Our Own. I am grateful to be working here I see this opportunity as a way to help needy fire departments in yet another way.

When I arrived at Dalmatian and began working as a salesman, I almost fell off my chair with the Warranty and free offers that come with every SCBA sold. I was amazed to find out that Dalmatian offers a full 10 year warranty on all reconditioned SCBA sold, and they offer free hydro testing and flow testing on the SCBA they sell, for as long as you own the equipment. This truly amazed me!

Think of it, you can by a 2002 compliant Scott AP50 (with an integrated PAK Alert SE, Heads up display and RIC connections) for $1,995.00 and receive free flow and hydro testing for as long as you own the SCBA. That warranty even covers the MSA Ultralite II that you can buy for $495.00. Before coming to Dalmatian, I never heard of a brand new (never used) Carbon Cylinder for $450.00. That’s quite a bit less than any price I have ever seen.

Should you ever have any equipment needs, please feel free to contact me. If you would like to be added to our sales specials list please send me your fax number, or sign up for our e-mail list at

http://www.dalmatianfire.com/compone...mml/Itemid,71/

I look forward to serving your departments with the most competitive prices on the market and I promise that you will not be sorry should or when you buy from Dalmatian Fire.

I want you all to know that through the co-operation and assistance of Dalmatian Fire, we have begun the process of organizing FIRE AID USA a non-profit organization FIRE AID USA will be managed by business people and fire fighters who I honestly believe have extremely high levels of integrity, honesty and above all business morality. J

Please feel free to contact me for any reason, …. Mark

P.S. We are actively seeking firefighters to become a local salesman for Dalmatian Fire Equipment in every state. Please feel free to contact me if your interested.
          “I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.”
          ― Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Wow............

That is VERY interesting. I get a ton of emails, but not that one.
            In memory of

IACOJ Budget Analyst

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

So HOO is gone?
              Originally posted by ThNozzleMan
              Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
              FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

Comment

I do not know. The e-mail was pretty vague. I couldn't tell anything had changed on the web site.
                “I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.”
                ― Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Dalmation Fire

We have done business with Dalmation in the past, and I can say that they are great guys to deal with. They offer unbeatable prices on all the equipment they sell, and always back it up with great service and warranty. We have even gotten our neighboring departments to do business with them. We're looking at buying our new boots from them soon.

Have a safe one.

Comment

Update....

Just wanted to Thank:

Vienna, OH Fire
                    Newcomersville, OH

departments for there donation and help.

We are still looking for tools, traps, fans, saws, portatank, lights, ect......

Thanks and be safe

A/C 7
                    Brian

Comment

Bump

Just bumping this back to the top.

Anyone contacted Dalmation before? I sent them an email last week and haven't heard anything back?

Still looking for help.

Be Safe

A/C 7

Comment

HOO is still in existance, but what is odd is that there is no mention at all of Mark on the site anymore. I talked to them about taking an active role with the organization to help drum up donations, revamp business processes, etc, and found out a pro fundraiser was the Pres of the Board.

Much of the ineffectiveness of HOO is because they have a lot of hoops to jump through because of the legal aspects of donating equipment from a non-firefighting non-profit to an FD. FD to FD is fine, even across state lines, but when HOO takes possession of the equipment the liability comes back for some stupid reason. That's why all of these other organizations can collect tons of stuff and move it to other countries at a much larger volume, they have no legal liability for the stuff they touch. That's why I wanted to get involved, to help remove those barriers, but HOO seems to be sitting still on many fronts. I'm all for helping brother & sister FFs everywhere, but I think we need to take care of those in the 50 first, then move things to other countries. JMHO.

And I wish we had some stuff to shoot you Brian, but we've given a lot of our stuff out to departments around here already in the same boat as you. I've got some contacts all over, I'll see what I can work in your direction.
                        Brian P. Vickers
                        www.vickersconsultingservices.com
                        Emergency Services Consulting
                        Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
                        Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

bferris, send me a PM. My dept has a saw and an electric PPV we'd let go real cheap.
                          ― Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Well, Well............

Originally posted by BC79er
                            HOO is still in existance, but what is odd is that there is no mention at all of Mark on the site anymore. I talked to them about taking an active role with the organization to help drum up donations, revamp business processes, etc, and found out a pro fundraiser was the Pres of the Board.

Much of the ineffectiveness of HOO is because they have a lot of hoops to jump through because of the legal aspects of donating equipment from a non-firefighting non-profit to an FD. FD to FD is fine, even across state lines, but when HOO takes possession of the equipment the liability comes back for some stupid reason. That's why all of these other organizations can collect tons of stuff and move it to other countries at a much larger volume, they have no legal liability for the stuff they touch. That's why I wanted to get involved, to help remove those barriers, but HOO seems to be sitting still on many fronts. I'm all for helping brother & sister FFs everywhere, but I think we need to take care of those in the 50 first, then move things to other countries. JMHO.

Brian, I couldn't agree more. We waste millions and millions each year because of legal tangles. I have a overflowing schedule, but I'll try to get another thread started on this subject. I don't want to hijack this thread.

Also, A/C 7 - I'm still on the job, I haven't forgotten you folks.
                            In memory of

IACOJ Budget Analyst

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

Hey eastKYff shoot me an email at [email protected] so we can talk.

Mr Woods... Thanks for the hard work,we will be here..

Everyone have a great holiday and a Safe one

A/C 7

Comment

Thank you WI

Just wanted to say thanks to Sisters bay, WI. See you on the 13th.

Stay Safe and be carful.

Thank you Thank you Thank you.

A/C 7
                                Brian

Anyone else out there got anything? Maybe some of the new grant recipeants?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X