Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Adopt a WV Company. Help!

Gentlemen,

I am looking for help. I am a memmber of a brand new start up fire compnay(#7) in Jefferson County WV. We are in need of assistance. If you have anything no matter how old, as long as it is is in working order, we could use it. Everything from handtols, axes, pike pole, saws, flashlights, gear, SCBA, pass alarms ect....

Currently we are running tanker assist only to the other county companys, due to lack of equipment and being so new. We are operating out of a pole barn that is privately owned. The aparattus we do have was bought by the chief personally.

If you have anything, or are upgrading and would like to donate you old stuff, we would be happy to give it a home.

Feel free to contact me for more specific's and details.

Any well established, generous, departmetns out there want to adopt us????

Brian
    [email protected]

Have you selected a dept "grant/supply officer" to take charge of this project? Hopefully you have a training officer to own that piece but you need to get organized on the logistics piece.

Contacted your local USDA Rural Development rep?
    Talked to the WV Forester? They have fed grant $ and likely state $. Also the conduit for the FEPP program (DOD surplus).

Hop on over to the Federal FIRE ACT Grants & Funding forum and search on these. All manner of equipment and funding threads (not just fire grant). You need to get properly organized this fall so you are ready to put in a GOOD Fire Grant in March. And you can find some help in writing it at the forum.

Comment

Don't forget to talk to Dave Donohue at Station 3. He's the grant man. Glad to see you guys finally got the station up.
      Fir Na Tine
      Fir Na Au Saol

Comment

Thanks for the tips, we do have some people working on grants, but I just thought I woud see if any departmetns had anything they would donate to immprove your customer service a little faster.

It is a long road ahead but a rewarding one.

Thanks

Comment

Ok.............

Where are you in Jeffco? Send me a PM if you don't want to post here, I may have a lead on some stuff. Actually, you may have to use email, since you're to registered here yet. My email is [email protected]
          Last edited by hwoods; 09-17-2006, 10:25 AM. Reason: Add email
          Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
          In memory of
          Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
          Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

on the way

I sent you an email, thanks looking forawrd to speaking with you.

Comment

update

GUy sorry for the ad but check out the compnay
              http://www.airbossdefense.com/

They have agreed to donate 10-15 pair of new bunker boots.
              Marc- thanks again sizes are ont he way.

I also am in talks with a Ohio departement for 10 sets of gear, thanks again
              Please contact me if you can spare anything.

Also does anyone know of a fee webhost for fire departments? I would like to get ours up and start thanking donators

bferris

Comment

Talk to Bob Burner at Co. 3 about the webhosting. He's the web guru over there.
                Fir Na Tine
                Fir Na Au Saol

Comment

Update

Just recieved the boots, they look great. Thanks again

I met Marc from the Air-Boss Compnay at the EMS Expo in Vegas, great guy. Anyone looking for new boots should at least take a look.

Brian

Comment

Whats left ?

Originally posted by bferris01
                    Just recieved the boots, they look great. Thanks again

I met Marc from the Air-Boss Compnay at the EMS Expo in Vegas, great guy. Anyone looking for new boots should at least take a look.

Brian

How's the search going so far ? What equipment have you gotten, and what do you still need ?

Have a safe one.

Comment

I was unable to e-mail you on this site, I am from Ohio and need a contact number so my Chief can call you. Please send me a e-mail at [email protected]

Comment

Hmmm..

Taz,

I sent you an email, please feel free to pass it on with my contact info to anyone.

Thanks for the support

Be safe

Also for anyone else that may have had the same problem send email to [email protected]

Comment

acado64,

Thanks for the interest......So far here the scoop.

I have recieved the bunker boots from Air-Boss. (Thanks Marc)

I am emailing 2 people/companys in Ohio, and talking with one in Maryland but still working on how they can help.

One of the companies from the next county over from us gave a some scott 2.2 we are getting serviced and tested.

Thats the count so far. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you

Be safe
                          Keep up the good work.

Comment

Hey

Ok, I talked with Bob at Co3, thanks for the info!

Taz ---

I sent you 2 emails and haven't heard anything back? Please email me ASAP. If you can still help out.

All these grants being handed out and nobody else has anything in storage they can spare??????????????????????????

Be Safe

Comment

Brain Cramp................

There's an outfit called "Helping our Own" That assists needy organizations, they are also a good place to give stuff to, if you get too much of something. I'll look for a url and get back here with it.
                              Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
                              In memory of
                              Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
                              Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X