X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSFFwife
    replied
    That 75,000/yr is not tax free.
    Great video but scary. My husband has been in Iraq for 2 years. Im glad I didnt see that video when he was heading out 2 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• Lieutenant516
    replied
    Well I know in this area, after 7 years you top out at 75,000/yr, and thats not even the highest that i've heard of.

Leave a comment:

• cozmosis
    replied
    Originally posted by Lieutenant516
    Great video, I know those guys are getting underpaid for the risk they are taking over there. Last I heard for civilian FF's to go over there in the past, it was like 90-100g/yr. A seasoned FF can make that in the US in a year.
    I think our top-out salary for a firefighter is $38,000. Top-out for captain is less than $50,000 I think. While I agree that $100k is underpaid to be shot at... Most of the firefighters over there aren't taking pay cuts to make the trip.

Leave a comment:

• firetruckred
    replied
    Originally posted by SPFDRum
    Now that was cool, good find RFRD.
    I concur. Nice find.

I especially appreciated seeing the Thank you's from woman and children and the boys in harmony with some of the guys of Iraq.
    Good stuff.

God love 'em for having the heart and guts to go over and make a difference. Come home save.
    Last edited by firetruckred; 09-13-2006, 08:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ron3427
    replied
    nice

I'm young and stupid, how would I go about getting a job over there?

Leave a comment:

• Dickey
    replied
    Gotta have balls the size of church bells! Looks kinda fun too and the experience of a lifetime. Very Cool video.

Stay safe guys and keep your head down!

Leave a comment:

• firefighter7160
    replied
    I guess I should have posted this thread on here. Not many people looking at it on the Federal Forum..... THANKS RFRD....

www.pineblufffire.com

Leave a comment:

• LtBlondie
    replied
    Wow they truly are heros as well!! We think our days are full of gloom sometimes...look at what they are going through!! Good on ya boys!
    Stay Safe!

Leave a comment:

• RESERVEFORNOW
    replied
    Come home safely boys.

Leave a comment:

• DaSharkie
    replied
    Originally posted by Lieutenant516
    Great video, I know those guys are getting underpaid for the risk they are taking over there. Last I heard for civilian FF's to go over there in the past, it was like 90-100g/yr. A seasoned FF can make that in the US in a year.
    Remember, that is tax free. And also recall, that in certain areas of the country you can earn $100,000 a year. But here in the Southeast you may only make in the mid $20s or into the $30s to start.

On a humerous note, did anyone else notice the fire in where it was 136 degrees outside?

At least it is a dry heat. (OK, you can stop groaning now.)

Leave a comment:

• Lieutenant516
    replied

Great video, and its nice to see the Iraqi's being friends with americans and thanking them. Something we dont see enough of on the news. All we see is the hatred.

Leave a comment:

• SPFDRum
    replied
    Now that was cool, good find RFRD.

Leave a comment:

• tomlaumann
    replied
    Real Brass ones!

I takes alot to be a firefighter.....But a heck of alot more to do it in Iraq!

Leave a comment:

• pkfd7505
    replied
    Very awesome video, those Brothers have some big cahonies. Never thought I'd see a kevlar and bullet proof vest as standard issue PPE.

Leave a comment:

• backsteprescue123
    started a topic Cool Video From Iraq

Cool Video From Iraq

Found this in the Federal/Military Forum and thought that it might get more views here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz26ODGoQto

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X