Helmet ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helmet ?

Tell me what you guys think of this helmet http://www.thefirestore.com/store/ca...id_1697_ustm6/ its the one on the bottom right corner *Bullard Traditional Fire Helmet Matte Finish w/Flip Down Eyeshields - Non NFPA* thats the name of it or if you guys dont like that for your own reason i would appericate it if you list another link and the helmet you recommend my department gets called out on mostly car accidents and medical calls once in a while we get a live burn our department is small im looking for a new helmet with the bourke eyeshields/goggles im currently wearing the one the department issued the dome helmet with a 6inch face shield i hate it i figured i would ask the experienced guys which helmets you guys perfer thanks

Chad
    Last edited by chadf652; 09-08-2006, 08:07 PM.

Don't do it!

Bullard makes excellent thermal imagers.. their helmets, in a word...suck!

I have one... issued to me after my Cairns 1010 got stolen out of the rig at a medical call.

It is, without a doubt, the most uncomfortable lid I have ever had.

It is hanging on my garage wall, where it will stay... never to be on my head again!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Is Cairns very good? i just dont know which helmets are the not very good i want to invest my money into a good helmet by the sounds of it bullard isnt very good at all please keep the suggestions coming in they will be a great source of help when i pick out my new helmet thanks

Chad

Comment

I concur with the Capt. I have a Bullard, had to exchange it for my Cairns. SUCKS!
        If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

I only wore a bullard for 3 months and HATED the thing, had a Cairns for over two years before that, and while the thing was beat to hell, I LOVED IT. Now we are issued Morning Pride Ben2Plus. I would really like a 1010, 1044, or in a perfect world an N6A, but the Ben2 is lightyears ahead of the damn bullard.
          Last edited by backsteprescue; 09-09-2006, 10:24 AM.
          ------------------------------------
          These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
          ------------------------------------

Comment

Leather forever young man!!!! Cairns N6A or N5A depending on your states regulations.........

It will last you the rest of your career barring getting run over........
            I.A.C.O.J. Charter Member
            "Chet, get an inch and a half on that!"

"Not for fame or reward,Not for place or rank. Not lured by ambition or goaded by necessity. But in simple obedience to duty as they understood it. These men suffered,sacrificed,dared all, and died. Let us never forget our fallen friends."

Comment

I prefer the Paul Conway helmets myself.
              NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
              IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

Comment

Originally posted by 1835Wayne
                Leather forever young man!!!! Cairns N6A or N5A depending on your states regulations.........

DITTO!!!!!

Kevin
                Fire Lieutenant/E.M.T.
                IAFF Local 2339
                K of C 4th Degree
                "LEATHER FOREVER"
                Member I.A.C.O.J.
                http://www.tfdfire.com/
                "Fir na tine"

Comment

Bullards suck except their wildland helmet. It s ok, but I am forced to wear it.

Comment

You know I agree that leather is the way to go, but lasting a career?? I have been in Memphis for 11 and am on my 3rd or 4th. I am getting to close or you guys are staying to far away.

Additionally, if you are buying one for yourself, I would watch ebay. You can get like new helmets at a significant cost savings.

As a matter of fact, the city just offered us our old Ben 2's for dirt cheap. Many of them assigned to drivers never left the plastic. I would ewxpect many of them to be popping up shortly.
                    Last edited by MemphisE34a; 09-10-2006, 10:39 AM.
                    RK
                    cell #901-494-9437

Management is making sure things are done right. Leadership is doing the right thing. The fire service needs alot more leaders and a lot less managers.

"Everyone goes home" is the mantra for the pussification of the modern, American fire service.

Comments made are my own. They do not represent the official position or opinion of the Fire Department or the City for which I am employed. In fact, they are normally exactly the opposite.

Comment

If YOU get run over, the Helment will outlast your Career....

Hi Wayne.
                      Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
                      In memory of
                      Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
                      Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

I have gotten close enough that when I exit and remove my helmet the rear brim bent down as I held it....................

However, you probably see more fire on a regular basis.

True Harve, very true.

My biggest reason is my leather will not start to go to pieces as quickly as the tactical tupperware. By the time my leather starts to burn, I am most likely already gone! I have had to replace a coat due to my helmet having peed all over it!!
                        I.A.C.O.J. Charter Member
                        "Chet, get an inch and a half on that!"

"Not for fame or reward,Not for place or rank. Not lured by ambition or goaded by necessity. But in simple obedience to duty as they understood it. These men suffered,sacrificed,dared all, and died. Let us never forget our fallen friends."

Comment

I have had to replace a coat due to my helmet having peed all over it!!
                          Wayne, The cow is supposed to be dead before you put it on your head! Damn man thats hardcore!
                          Shawn M. Cecula
                          Firefighter
                          IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

Comment

CARINS !!!!!!!!! IS THE WAY TO GO, and no rubbermaid bowls on the head please !!!

Comment

As far as comfort and quality goes Cairns is by far the best. Lots of different options and choices.

http://www.cascadefire.com

They have got some good prices on helmets right now and the delivery is pretty fast.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X