leaky nozzles??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leaky nozzles??

Last week during traning I commented that a charged line always drips water from the nozzle. No one knew the reason. All are nozzels are fog nozzels and are several years old.
    Are they designed to leak to bleed off any pressure build up in the lines? or do they leak from getting old and warn out.

leaky nozzles, huh?

isnt that an STD? lmao.. sorry a little house humor

Comment

check your balls

Take a look at the ball valves and seats in the nozzels. All you need is some rust to score them and its going to leak.

Comment

They are not supposed to leak a drop. Don't take much to score the ball valve inside.

However, during cold weather, we crack the nozzle just a bit so the line doesn't freeze.
        Jason Knecht
        Firefighter/EMT
        Township Fire Dept., Inc.
        Eau Claire, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
        http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
        EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

Comment

Are the nozzles slide valves (automatic types) or good ole ball valves? This may be a help to knowing a solution of "the drip".

There are several things that can be happening. If it is a poly ball it could be scored, if you have a slide the seat could be having an burr or obstruction.There could be deterioration if you run foam too.

Personally, I've never had any issues with our Akron 1441. Also this is my preferrence.

Hope it helped
          Originally Posted by madden01
          "and everyone is encouraged to use Plain, Spelled Out English. I thought this was covered in NIMS training."

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X