Span Flowminder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Span Flowminder

Anyone familiar with the span instruments flow minder digital flow meter? I need to calibrate ours, and have no info on it. I also can not find anything on the web.

Can anyone that is more knowledgeable then me in the flow meter field, help me out?

Is this the flowminder for multiple discharges of multiple sizes or single discharge flowminder/gauge?

We found that our multiple discharge multiple size flowminder was when calibrated to one flow, not real accurate at another. For example we calibrated it to our standard 1.75" line flow using a 15/16" smoothbore, but the deviation over 182 gpm is huge when flowing our deckpipe at 500+ gpm. We decided to calibrate on the handlines as when the deckpipe is flowing we're generally not as concerned with accuracy. This does cause issues if the flowminder is hooked to a direct injecion foam system.

I beleive you can get the manual online for the unit. It is not difficult to clibrate but as I recall may entail a proper sequence? There are small screws on the back of the meter for calibration but which is what I woulddare say.

Comment

its for single discharge, on our ladder pipe. I tried to find manual online,
      which leads me to 1 of 2 conclusions....1, im an idiot, or 2, its not on there.

thanks for the input though

Comment

Is it the old bending spring type or the new paddle wheel type.

I retro'ed an old bending spring one for a new paddle wheel one and had to calibrate it. Somewhere around here I have the documentation.

What I do is on the day of the pump test I will install a small orfice in the playpipe and also calibrate my flowmeter discharges (foam system as well as flowminder) at the same time. As someone mentioned, you should calibrate at the same flow you expect to be using. It becomes somewhat inaccurate one way or another.

Birken

on edit: here is the url for the new manual:
        http://www.class1.com/products/manua..._pw_fm_esn.pdf

Birken
        Last edited by BirkenVogt; 08-31-2006, 05:41 PM.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X