Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sam Houston VS New Yorker

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sam Houston VS New Yorker

    I plan on purchasing a leather here real soon. Any takes on whick one is the better pick. I have seen the new yorkers. A few guys at my dept have them. Does the Houston look like a smaller helmet, just a little. It is also lighter isnt it. Just looking for some insight.


    Jarrod

    Norfolk Fire Rescue

  • #2
    Just the opposite

    The Sam Houston is just slightly larger and a heavier helmet than the New Yorker. The Houston is also NFPA and OSHA compliant, where the New Yorker is only meets OSHA.

    Its all lost sight of reality however, at least in my opinion. If anything strikes your head hard emough that is breaks or penetrates either helmet, your outcome would not be good anyway. You would either have a smashed melon or a broken neck regardless.

    I say go back to the no impact cap lighter helmets all the time!!!

    Too many Safety Suzy's in positions of influence.
    RK
    cell #901-494-9437

    Management is making sure things are done right. Leadership is doing the right thing. The fire service needs alot more leaders and a lot less managers.

    "Everyone goes home" is the mantra for the pussification of the modern, American fire service.


    Comments made are my own. They do not represent the official position or opinion of the Fire Department or the City for which I am employed. In fact, they are normally exactly the opposite.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by MemphisE34a
      The Sam Houston is just slightly larger and a heavier helmet than the New Yorker. The Houston is also NFPA and OSHA compliant, where the New Yorker is only meets OSHA.

      Its all lost sight of reality however, at least in my opinion. If anything strikes your head hard emough that is breaks or penetrates either helmet, your outcome would not be good anyway. You would either have a smashed melon or a broken neck regardless.

      I say go back to the no impact cap lighter helmets all the time!!!

      Too many Safety Suzy's in positions of influence.
      I agree,
      The older 5A helmets with no impact cap are great. Very light. I am currently wearing an N6A that is very heavy in comparison and only slightly heavier than the new N5A's. If you must have an impact cap find an older N5A New Yorker from the eighties to early ninties with the yellow inner impact cap. They are fairly light and a good helmet..

      Comment


      • #4
        ******=================
        ******================
        ******=================
        ******================
        =======================
        =======================
        =======================

        ------GOD BLESS AMERICA ! ------

        Comment


        • #5
          Hey where's that cool Search graphic file that showed people how to do it?
          Tom

          Never Forget 9-11-2001

          Stay safe out there!

          IACOJ Member

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by NYSmokey
            Hey where's that cool Search graphic file that showed people how to do it?

            LOL this one


            ******=================
            ******================
            ******=================
            ******================
            =======================
            =======================
            =======================

            ------GOD BLESS AMERICA ! ------

            Comment


            • #7
              That's it!!! As they say....PRICELESS. jmsergi hopefully you realize this is just some good old fashioned b**l busting like you would get in your firehouse kitchen
              Tom

              Never Forget 9-11-2001

              Stay safe out there!

              IACOJ Member

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by jmsergi
                I plan on purchasing a leather here real soon. Any takes on whick one is the better pick. I have seen the new yorkers. A few guys at my dept have them. Does the Houston look like a smaller helmet, just a little. It is also lighter isnt it. Just looking for some insight.


                Jarrod

                Norfolk Fire Rescue

                Norfolk FireRescue as in Norfolk VA???

                Is your department going to let you wear this helmet?? Is it allowed that you can buy your own lid to wear? What is wrong with the department's issue??

                You all must make money more than you do with.

                Stay Safe and Well Out There....

                Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

                Comment


                • #9
                  [QUOTE=MemphisE34a]



                  Congrats Brother Robert, on your election results along with all the others and my old pal Joe too!!!
                  Stay Safe and Well Out There....

                  Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Thanks Cap!!

                    Sorry for the delay. I haven't been hitting the forms much lately. Hopefully we can try to get some stuff turned around in the Local 1784. Time will tell. Thanks again.
                    RK
                    cell #901-494-9437

                    Management is making sure things are done right. Leadership is doing the right thing. The fire service needs alot more leaders and a lot less managers.

                    "Everyone goes home" is the mantra for the pussification of the modern, American fire service.


                    Comments made are my own. They do not represent the official position or opinion of the Fire Department or the City for which I am employed. In fact, they are normally exactly the opposite.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by CaptOldTimer
                      Norfolk FireRescue as in Norfolk VA???

                      Is your department going to let you wear this helmet?? Is it allowed that you can buy your own lid to wear? What is wrong with the department's issue??

                      You all must make money more than you do with.


                      Yeah Norfolk VA. We are allowed to wear leather out here. We can get whatever leather we want. I like the helmet now. Cairns 1010. I just want to get a leather. Personally, I like the look and the tradition of the leather. Definitely dont make the money out here. We do ok, but nothing to brag about.

                      Comment

                      300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                      Collapse

                      Upper 300x250

                      Collapse

                      Taboola

                      Collapse

                      Leader

                      Collapse
                      Working...
                      X