Help a newb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help a newb

Hey everyone. I'm new as you can see and was just wondering if there was a thread already started that has the basic classes needed for starting out or if this could be that thread. Which classes should i take? thanks

Originally posted by BRad415
    Hey everyone. I'm new as you can see and was just wondering if there was a thread already started that has the basic classes needed for starting out or if this could be that thread. Which classes should i take? thanks
    Look in the Probie/explorer threads.

Comment

Suggestions from the dark side

Originally posted by BRad415
      The forum has a search function that will probably lead you to several threads about starting your career in the fire service.

Before you get to searching, however, I will offer up my own advice. Every part of the world is different. Seriously. Sometimes from city-to-city within the same state. Find a few places you'd like to work and ask them directly what is required. Some places train you. Some places want you trained before you show up. Some places (growing fewer by the week) only do firefighting. Others are heavy in medical responses. Some departments (especially on the west coast) want you to be a paramedic. Quite a few others only require you to be first responder.

See what I mean? There are almost as many possible requirements as there are fire departments. Of course, don't let that discourage you. Like I said -- see where you want to join and talk to them directly. The forums will be a great place for you to learn a few things, but if you really want to do this... It'll take real world action on your part.

Good luck.
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks coz.

Comment

Other websites to get a start on a fire service career-

www.firecareers.com
          www.eatstress.com

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250