X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well................

Originally posted by jasper45
    Chicago has yellow rigs?
    They would have had Yellow, but they left them out in the sun, so they ripened up a bit.......
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Bones42

1) Someone saw a yellow school bus after the roof burned and liked the look.
      I think we have a winner

Actually I kind of like the black over yellow, but what do I know we paint our trucks green (kind of a mint green not that slime stuff, sort of looks like a mint julip with wheels ).

Originally posted by pgtrueknowledge
      7. The fire house better be kept clean, and the rigs better be clean and kept up.
      Well at least I can agree with 1 out of 10.
      Last edited by NonSurfinCaFF; 08-17-2006, 03:32 AM.

Comment

• This ain't gonna end pretty. I just know it.
        Fir Na Tine
        Fir Na Au Saol

Comment

• Originally posted by hwoods
          They would have had Yellow, but they left them out in the sun, so they ripened up a bit.......
          First off, Chicago has Red Rigs, With Black Tops, hence the 'You're ripping us off" thing, because Chicago is famous for the black cabs.

2nd, what i find hillarious about this, is the video stating "Kentland is Better Than Everyone". I'd just love to see Chicago, NY, or even Aurora, IL pull a video like this. They'd make these immature, meatheads look like a bunch of amatures.

3rd, If you hit me at a fire scene you better be prepared to lose your job, and i can tell you right now...we're brothers....not boxers.

Comment

• Originally posted by pgtrueknowledge
            FACT: Many people, back in February applauded 33 and condemned a neighboring department for actions which occurred on a fire scene. Many believe that the officer from 33 was justified if someone parked on their line.

FACT: No one parked on their line, it was proven in an investigation that contained over 200 pictures of the fire scene, including the hose. Statements by 33 members indicated they had water inside, just no pressure.
            I don't believe anyone (at least on here) said the officer was justified in his actions; I know I have said that I probably would have done the same thing had I been in that officers position but that still doesn't make it right. and I never heard that the investigation found that to be untrue (probably just like the whole fighting inside the structure fire). thanks for sharing.

but now I'm confused by two of yours facts. you start off with
            FACT: 33 did a rescue, thats great.... thats what the job is about. 33 does a great job at putting out fire, especially where others can't and in PG there are some that stand outside. They are a top notch company.
            and you end with
            FACT: 1-6 goes to prove how dangerous it is on a fireground with them. They are now published acknowledgements of inside rules that have been denied forever.
            so which is it? are they a top notch company, or a danger to the fire scene?
            If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

Comment

• [QUOTE=
              but now I'm confused by two of yours facts. you start off with
              and you end withso which is it? are they a top notch company, or a danger to the fire scene?[/QUOTE]

Both, They do there job, but they do it dangerously and unethical when it involves other firefighters because to them no one else counts, they prove that time and time again. It is that "Better than anyone else attitude". Company pride is one thing but they carry it way over board.

Comment

• Well if 1 through 6 are "still in effect", than any repect or nod of professionalism I had for them is gone. They have been reduced to nothing more than a bunch over egoed wackers playing in an adult world.
                My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
                "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
                George Mason
                Co-author of the Second Amendment
                during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
                Elevator Rescue Information

Comment

• Huh?.........

Originally posted by TheChicagoKid
                  First off, Chicago has Red Rigs, With Black Tops, hence the 'You're ripping us off" thing, because Chicago is famous for the black cabs.

2nd, what i find hillarious about this, is the video stating "Kentland is Better Than Everyone". I'd just love to see Chicago, NY, or even Aurora, IL pull a video like this. They'd make these immature, meatheads look like a bunch of amatures.

3rd, If you hit me at a fire scene you better be prepared to lose your job, and i can tell you right now...we're brothers....not boxers.
                  1. That is correct. Leave something Yellow (Tomato) out in the sun and it turns Red (Ripens).

2. I am NOT from Kentland.

3. See #2 above.

Anything else I can do for you today? And No Thanks, I don't need Fries with that.
                  Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
                  In memory of
                  Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
                  Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

• Just a random observation:

When Firehouse.com first had the frontpage news about Kentland 33 releasing the video of them making a rescue and praising them for a job well done nobody said anything on here. Not a single threat started.

No: "Good Job Kentland""Finally a good story from Kentland""Posititve News, great for Kentland."

But as soon as the story changed from. "Kentland made a great rescue" to "Kendland screwed up" there was a thread started here before I could even blink.

Is Kentland only worhty to talk about here when everyone can talk bad about them?
                    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Originally posted by MarcusKspn
                      Is Kentland only worhty to talk about here when everyone can talk bad about them?
                      You better duck... haters are on their way...

As with everything else, people seem to dwell on the bad and ignore the good..
                      Do it because you love it, not because you love being seen doing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by hwoods
                        1. That is correct. Leave something Yellow (Tomato) out in the sun and it turns Red (Ripens).

2. I am NOT from Kentland.

3. See #2 above.

Anything else I can do for you today? And No Thanks, I don't need Fries with that.
                        Lol, only the first point was directed twords you. The other two were just in general reference to what everyone is talking about. I know you aren't from Kentland because you weren't telling people on here that you'll smash their face in if you talk about the big number 33!!

Comment

• [QUOTE=pgtrueknowledge]

FACT: Quoted from a book titled "Probie Days" recently released and published by a life member of station 33, this should clear up any doubts as to their unconstitutional fireground actions and prove how egotistical, self centered and dangerous they are.

"These were the 10 most important rules that I would learn being here at Engine Co. 33." and trust me, these rules are still in affect today!

1. If anyone messed with our line, hit that person as hard as you can.

2. The same if anyone other than CO. 33 tried to pull a line off our wagon, beat his *** with no questions.

3. If anyone looked at y ou stupid, knock their helmet off their head.

4. If we ran outside the first due and the first due company wasn't putting the fire out, rip their face peice off and take the line from them.

5. If any Chief besides a Kentland Chief or officer told you to do something you better tell him to screw you.

6. If any one of our guys got into a fight, you *** better be at his side and start whipping ***.

7. The fire house better be kept clean, and the rigs better be clean and kept up.

8. If a member with more time than you comes in, you better acknowledge him and see if he wants anything done and see if he wants something from the store or McDonald's.

9. If you screw up you better be ready for an *** whipping especially a fire.

10. Welcome to Kentland

QUOTE]

What color bandanas do these little thugs wear? And do they have hand signs they flash at other companies? Do they tag other companies' stations with threatening grafitti? Amazing....

Comment

• Originally posted by MarcusKspn
                            They do enough self promotion so that no one else has to bother with that. They do seem to shy away from the "bad" pr though...
                            "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Comment

• [QUOTE=KnightnPBIArmor]

FACT: Quoted from a book titled "Probie Days" recently released and published by a life member of station 33, this should clear up any doubts as to their unconstitutional fireground actions and prove how egotistical, self centered and dangerous they are.

"These were the 10 most important rules that I would learn being here at Engine Co. 33." and trust me, these rules are still in affect today!

1. If anyone messed with our line, hit that person as hard as you can.

2. The same if anyone other than CO. 33 tried to pull a line off our wagon, beat his *** with no questions.

3. If anyone looked at y ou stupid, knock their helmet off their head.

4. If we ran outside the first due and the first due company wasn't putting the fire out, rip their face peice off and take the line from them.

5. If any Chief besides a Kentland Chief or officer told you to do something you better tell him to screw you.

6. If any one of our guys got into a fight, you *** better be at his side and start whipping ***.

8. If a member with more time than you comes in, you better acknowledge him and see if he wants anything done and see if he wants something from the store or McDonald's.

9. If you screw up you better be ready for an *** whipping especially a fire.

10. Welcome to Kentland

QUOTE]

What color bandanas do these little thugs wear? And do they have hand signs they flash at other companies? Do they tag other companies' stations with threatening grafitti? Amazing....
                              First off - this is written "back in the day" hence the name PROBIE days.
                              Second - did you read the copyright inside the book as well?

Copyright © 2006 Jerry Engle
                              All Rights Reserved.

ISBN: 978-1-84728-608-6
                              All Rights Reserved. This book is fully protected by Copyright. No part of this book may be reproduced in any form or by any means, including photo copying, or use by any information storage and retrieval system without written permission from Jerry Engle.

Looks like you are infringing on a copyright doesn't it?

Comment

• [QUOTE=JetDrive33]
                                Originally posted by KnightnPBIArmor

First off - this is written "back in the day" hence the name PROBIE days.
                                Second - did you read the copyright inside the book as well?

Copyright © 2006 Jerry Engle
                                All Rights Reserved.

ISBN: 978-1-84728-608-6
                                All Rights Reserved. This book is fully protected by Copyright. No part of this book may be reproduced in any form or by any means, including photo copying, or use by any information storage and retrieval system without written permission from Jerry Engle.

Looks like you are infringing on a copyright doesn't it?
                                I would have had to buy the book to have read that...which ain't gonna happen. Sounds like someone is getting testy...can I expect to "get my helmet knocked off" and get a beat down now because I have "dissed" Kentland?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X