Graduation Speech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graduation Speech

Forgive me for posting this in the Firefighters Forum, but I thought that it needed wider viewership than it might have received in other forums.

U.S. Army School Of Infantry (SOI) graduation ceremony at Ft. Benning, GA.

One must love the brutal honesty of a Grunt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbOcJ6kqJAA&eurl=
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

WOW

That was an incredible speech. Very outspoken individual, but WOW......
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

please no apologizes. Thank you. Thank you, Thank you for posting this.

I am going to tell others about it in the NY hiring link because it is encouraging.

Comment

I can't get the audio, I'm not sure if it is my computer or the connection. Can someone paraphrase or relay the verbage?

*Mark
        FTM-PTB-RFB-EGH

Comment

yeah, i couldnt get it either.

Comment

Tough to paraphrase the guy. Find another computer if you can.

Think of it as, never apologize for what you do, do not believe the media and naysayers who are not man enough to carry your dufflebag to the plane that will carry you to war to defend their freedoms.

Ah yes, the good Colonel also says that these men are finest of their generation.
            Last edited by DaSharkie; 08-09-2006, 08:24 AM.
            "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Comment

Ya, he is very tough to paraphrase. Sharkie about sums it up as good as it gets. Add in, stick with your buddies through the good and the bad, and when things are going bad, remember they are probably going to get worse. Just knuckle down, remember the mission and work as a team.... or something close to that.

Another thing that struck me was: "Never apologize for being an Amercian".
              If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

Honestly I agree with Sharkie, got to another computer. It is that good.

Selflessness, honor, integrity, loyality, brutal honesty, pride, grit, heart. these are words that come to mind after hearing what this man said.

Melissa

Comment

This should be a sticky. All you generation X pukes, STFU and pay attention! YOU MIGHT LEARN SOMETHING HERE!

Nice post Sharkie, thanks.
                  Jim
                  Firefighter/EMT
                  IACOJ
                  ftm-ptb-rfb-egh-ktf-dtrt!

September 11, 2001 - NEVER FORGET!

BETTER TO DIE ON YOUR FEET THAN LIVE ON YOUR KNEES!

Comment

Amen to that!

Comment

Very inspiring.

Although this thread could have gone without the Generation X comment, but I'll let it slide off my back just like the good LTC says to.
                      9/11/01 D.C. Joseph "Uncle Joe" Marchbanks
                      Battalion 12
                      Heaven In Harlem

Tim
                      CFD #143

Comment

Worked for me..

Audio worked for me... and I'm damn sure glad it did! Great speech.
                        Do it because you love it, not because you love being seen doing it.

Comment

Finally, a senior ranking officer that is no nonsense.

EXCELLENT!!
                          Jason Knecht
                          Firefighter/EMT
                          Township Fire Dept., Inc.
                          Eau Claire, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
                          http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
                          EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250