X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wwwhhooooppppssss

Fire Forces D.C. Hotel Evacuation

POSTED: 7:52 am EDT August 7, 2006

WASHINGTON -- About 300 people had to be evacuated early Monday morning from Washington's largest hotel because of a small fire.

D.C. firefighters responded to the sixth-floor fire around 2:15 a.m. at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel in the 2600 block of Woodley Road in Northwest. There were no injuries.

Fire officials say there was a small blaze in a linen closet.

Everyone was allowed back inside after about two hours.

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press.

This hotel is just a few blocks from the Embassy and I go past it pretty much every day during my afternoon walks.....
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

A new update to the story:

DCFD and MPD are looking for a suspect in the fire at the Marriot Wardman Park Hotel this morning.

The suspect reportedly works at the Canadian Embassy and has frequently been seen walking around the hotel in the afternoon hours.

"Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Comment

SMART ***!!!!

There just has to be one in every crowd! hehehehehehe
      If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

Comment

Originally posted by MalahatTwo7

SMART ***!!!!

JUST one?! Com'n Rick, this place is filled with them...
        The comments made by me are my opinions only, not of the Fire and EMS services I am affiliated with.

I have lost my mind..has anyone seen it? it's not worth much..but it's mine

Comment

SMART ***!!!!

My Granddaddy raised mules,my Grandmother taught Sunday school,so that makes me a smart ***.

Comment

Ya know... I don't think I've very seen so many stand up an openly admit to being ...... And ya, I guess there's more than just one or even five or six hanging around in "here" eh? LOL

Comment

SMART ***!!!!
              Hey, I resemble that remark!

You didn't think that I could just let something like that slide did you?

I am sure you'll get me back somewhere along the way.
              "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X