Out of County Bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of County Bags

What do you put in your out of county bags? One uniform two? three four, I dont know what I should have in mine.. anyone tell me what they have in theirs?

Originally posted by dustinlevengood
    What do you put in your out of county bags? One uniform two? three four, I dont know what I should have in mine.. anyone tell me what they have in theirs?
    What in the world is an "out of county bag"??????????
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

Comment

Originally posted by firenresq77
      What in the world is an "out of county bag"??????????
      Maybe it's a California thing, You have an out of county bag for when you get assigned out of county you keep it on the engine at all time so if you get called out of county right after a call your ready to roll.

Comment

that a Wildland thing?
        The good thing about this job is that we have done so much, with so little, for so long that we can do everything with nothing...... which is what is wrong with this job.
        KTF | DTRT

Comment

Originally posted by MattyS
          that a Wildland thing?
          yeah, we get pulled off of calls from time to time and if you dont have the bag with you your SOL for the next week or so

Comment

I just carry the bare essentials

3 or 4 changes of clothes
            small garbage bag to put the dirty ones in
            As many socks and underwear as I can spare from my daily use
            Beanie cap (I call it my "convict hat")
            Poncho
            Blue jeans and t shirt
            Flannel shirt in case it gets cold
            Toothpaste and toothbrush
            Deodorant
            Soap and shampoo
            Shaving cream and razor
            Cell phone and charger

That's pretty much it

Birken

Comment

Thanks for the help

Comment

Do you know if CDF has a preference on ironing the crease into your CDF patches on your uniform shirts?

Comment

... ... ... ... ... ...

Do you know if CDF has a preference on ironing the crease into your CDF patches on your uniform shirts?

No.
                  Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
                  In memory of
                  Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
                  Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

They have a "preference"? I would think that if you get pulled away to a wildland they dont give a rats *** how the patch is ironed on. But hell, I dunno............
                    ------------------------------------
                    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
                    ------------------------------------

Comment

I'll bet after be stuffed in a bag for who knows how long the whole thing is going to need an iron...

Comment

Worrying about a crease in the CDF patch when you are going put to fight a fracking fire is like the Captain of a sinking cruise ship worrying about the arrangement of the deck chairs!
                        ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
                        Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

MAN! Never thought I'd hear anyone in the FD carry a "bug-out kit" like that. Especially on the vehicles. But if it's a fairly regular occurance, it makes sense. I suppose its not any different than carrying a spare set of street clothes at the stn "just in case".
                          If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

"Igor, can you help me with the bags?"

"Sointenly. You take the blonde, and I'll take the one in the turban!!"
                            Omnis Cedo Domus

www.hinckleyfd.org

Comment

Originally posted by jaybird210
                              "Igor, can you help me with the bags?"

"Sointenly. You take the blonde, and I'll take the one in the turban!!"
                              "That's Fraankensteen........."

HAHAHAHAAAA haven't heard that one in a long time.
                              If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X