Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone delt with Paul Milkovich Designs?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    12345678910
    Last edited by ffemtda1; 09-14-2006, 06:22 PM.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by ffemtda1
      I actually apprciate this forum my sales have gone up 12% since the posting.
      This speaks volumes about you and your intentions here. I am gonna go with the Brothers on this one. You will not be recieving any orders from me, you can be sure of that.

      Comment


      • #48
        I want this taken care of as fast as anyone else believe me. I have no intentions that are negative in anyway. We did have troubles growing at to fast of a rate and I am admitting we were not ready for that. At the time of these mix ups I was the only one handling everything from the orders to custom making all the products. We also had suppliers that could not keep up with our quantities, this has now been resolved. We now have a smooth system and are here and willing to take care of anyone that has a problem or has had a problem in the past. We will do whatever it takes to make things right. We want all of our customers past present and future happy and to make their job as easy as we can with great products. With that here is my contact info direct [email protected].

        Comment


        • #49
          Paul, your sincerity is overwhelming:


          From: Chris Werner [mailto:[email protected]]
          Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2006 4:37 PM
          To: Paul Milkovich
          Subject: Re:



          Paul, I've been in touch with the Albany, NY FBI office who has directed me into their Internet Crime Complaint Center. Since you have not offered me any assurance that my refund is on its way, I conclude that you are continuing to refuse to make good on the money you owe. I will open a formal complaint with the FBI and encourage those who are also in need of restitution from your company to do the same.



          Chris Werner

          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
          From: Paul Milkovich
          To: 'Chris Werner'
          Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2006 9:08 AM
          Subject: RE:


          I really do not see the need to file any report to be honest. You will be getting your money and the other people is my business not yours in anyway. As I have said if I were out to rip people off I sure as hell would not be answering them back in anyway or form.



          Paul Milkovich

          www.paulmilkovichdesigns.com

          414-460-3163

          Fax: 262-436-1787




          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
          By the way folks, the FBI complaint website for internet fraud is www.IC3.gov

          Comment


          • #50
            SAFD46Truck...I tried to find that quote from Paul, the one about his sales?

            Comment


            • #51
              I got that quote from him in one the emails he sent me, too. Yes, sales are up 12% but deliveries and refunds apparently seem to be at a stagnant 0%.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by ltcjmurphy
                SAFD46Truck...I tried to find that quote from Paul, the one about his sales?
                Thats because he deleted it right after I replied to it. See his post that says 12345678910? Well, thats not what it originally said. Not like he's trying to hide anything from anyone.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by ffemtda1
                  I want this taken care of as fast as anyone else believe me. I have no intentions that are negative in anyway. We did have troubles growing at to fast of a rate and I am admitting we were not ready for that. At the time of these mix ups I was the only one handling everything from the orders to custom making all the products. We also had suppliers that could not keep up with our quantities, this has now been resolved. We now have a smooth system and are here and willing to take care of anyone that has a problem or has had a problem in the past. We will do whatever it takes to make things right. We want all of our customers past present and future happy and to make their job as easy as we can with great products. With that here is my contact info direct [email protected].
                  Well then, what's the hold up? Sit down and send the refunds. If you spent half as much time fulfilling your orders and refunds as you do feebly attempting to defend yourself on this forum, everyone would be happy. As for sales being up 12%, I highly doubt that. Could this be another lie? I really don't see anything that has been posted here as a incentive for someone to go to your website and flush some cash down the drain. Man up and send everyone their money and apologize, or just remove your site and disappear.
                  Last edited by firemanrick2001; 09-15-2006, 01:30 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    I'm sure glad iran across this thread cause I was about 2 clicks away from buying one from him on ebay.
                    I'm a little curious as to how he is going to fill all the new orders he will get from selling on ebay again if he can't even fill orders from 6 months ago.

                    By the looks, he had a decent business at one time cause he has quite a lot of positive feedback.

                    So what happened Paul?

                    It's hard to believe that the demand grew so fast that you could fall 3 or 4 months behind. If this is the case, I would suggest maybe hiring a couple more employees?

                    That would make sense to me anyway.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      That is what we did, we now have 3 people working for us at this time so we do not fall behind again. At first it was just me making the products.
                      Thanks Paul

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by firestanggt
                        I'm sure glad iran across this thread cause I was about 2 clicks away from buying one from him on ebay.
                        I'm a little curious as to how he is going to fill all the new orders he will get from selling on ebay again if he can't even fill orders from 6 months ago.

                        By the looks, he had a decent business at one time cause he has quite a lot of positive feedback.

                        So what happened Paul?

                        It's hard to believe that the demand grew so fast that you could fall 3 or 4 months behind. If this is the case, I would suggest maybe hiring a couple more employees?

                        That would make sense to me anyway.
                        Hey firestanggt,
                        Smart move. Milkovich Designs feedback rating is 91.2%. That is not a good rating. Survey most Ebay sellers. The good ones have at least a 98% positive rating. Also note that the last posting of a rating was April 25 2004! 2 1/2 YEARS AGO! Paul has not done a thing to refund me. You all have seen that I posted the reply from Paypal that has all the info he requested (transaction # etc.). My advice is, even though his prices are tempting, purchase your items from a known trusted store, whether its a retail location or on-line. Don't pay for your items twice like many of us have!

                        Rick

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Information

                          Eric
                          E mail me with all your info. The transaction ID at paypal will not come up. I need all your info. Shipping address etc. so we can process your refund and also send your items free of charge for the delay.
                          Last edited by ffemtda1; 09-17-2006, 06:48 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Eric
                            I do not need your info we have it. It is going to be taken care of this week. I will send you the tracking info when we ship.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Refund Received

                              A little over 10 minutes ago I signed for a USPS package from Paul that contained my refund check (made out for $5 over my orginal payment approx.) and a radio strap belt provided at no charge.

                              Paul has made good on his refund to me.

                              I take this as a good sign of faith from Paul that he does intend to make good on his business promises.

                              Chris Werner

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Thank You Chris

                                Chris
                                Thanks for the post I appreciate it a lot. We will do what it takes to make our customers happy. Thanks again! Paul

                                Comment

                                300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                                Collapse

                                Upper 300x250

                                Collapse

                                Taboola

                                Collapse

                                Leader

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X