Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sublimecharger6
    replied
    for My wedding a few years ago, Took Pictures of Me and the wife in the Basket of the ladder truck and the wedding party standing below us around the front of the truck. Me and the wife also both took a Picture with Axe's crossed in the front of the truck and then for the reception my Folks had hired a bag pipe player that played us in as we walked into the reception hall.

for what its' worth.

sublime.

Leave a comment:

• FTMPTB15
    replied
    Congrats on the wedding Rockland... I wish you and your fiancee the best of luck together and many happy memories in the future.

Leave a comment:

• mcfd45
    replied
    Originally posted by SPFDRum
    That sums it up around here too....
    same here
    J

Leave a comment:

• SPFDRum
    replied
    Wedding traditions around here, hhhhmmmmmmmmm.

Oh yeah. DIVORCE!!!!
    That sums it up around here too....

Leave a comment:

• firetruckred
    replied
    Oh My Gosh Buddy/Rocklandfires....

That pic is so beautiful. It looks like my sisters pic. Her husband is in the Coast Guard. It gave me chills and warmed my heart. How wonderful it looks with all your brothers and sisters together in unison with you. What a nice added touch! God bless ya.

Melissa

Leave a comment:

• MemphisE34a
    replied
    Wedding traditions around here, hhhhmmmmmmmmm.

Oh yeah. DIVORCE!!!!

Leave a comment:

• RocklandFires
    replied
    RE: Wedding Tradition in the FD

I got engaged last year during the Rockland County Volunteer Firemans Association Annual Parade held in Congers, NY on Sept.10th, 2005. It was a very memorable day for my fiance and I, as well as my entire Fire Department. As you can see in the photo that appeared on the front page of our local newspaper, The Journal News, under the title of "Proposal Pops Out Of Parade", all my guys, and girls, got down on their knees with me as I proposed.

Of course the fire department will be part of the wedding, Sept. 29th, 2007. Hoping the Fire Commissioners will allow the trucks at my wedding and will have the guys in the uniforms guard the church with axes.

Brian Duddy - Central Nyack F.D.
    http://www.RocklandFires.com
    http://www.YouTube.com/FireVideos
    Last edited by RocklandFires; 10-30-2006, 04:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Engine76KS
    replied
    Can't say that I really have any suggestions since I'm still a young pup (20) and am not married yet. Congrats on the wedding though!

Leave a comment:

• ksfireman82
    replied
    well this thread died on me....any new ideas?

Leave a comment:

• ksfireman82
    replied
    Originally posted by FEDVVFAC
    KS,

Since you are DOD are you going to have the ceremony on base? I ask because I know how impossible it is to get on duty folks off base (I am DOD as well). Usually it is easier to get the townies on base. I have seen some awesome weddings and processions using pike poles for arches (as mentioned previously). Also have seen rice and confetti tossed from the top of the ladder truck, very nice effect-especially if the ladder is decorated with garlands and the like.
    Also, have you considered talking to the base chaplains about the ceremonies? It might be worth your time since they are used to all of the pomp and rituals and such of military weddings, and you might be able to modify their suggestions into something more fire-friendly while still getting a very awesome wedding.
    Anyways, best of luck to you.
    Yes, we are having the cermony and reception both on post. I have already made contact with the chaplains office to get in an talk to them, as it will be a base chaplain who will perform our ceremony. I am planning on doing it on the day that the other shift works, so they guys from my shift that i'm closer with will be able to have a bit more fun. I have a lot of friends in the military as I have done that as well...so we are going to put on the invitation that all Emergency Services and Military personnel are requested to wear dress uniforms. My bestman and all but one of my ushers are either FD or Military, so we will all be in full dress or mess dress. Probably 50% of the attendees will be in uniform, so it should make for a sight to see. Also, the last person to get married on post in our FD had the base honor guard there as well. We will have to see what I can come up with.

Leave a comment:

• FEDVVFAC
    replied
    KS,

Since you are DOD are you going to have the ceremony on base? I ask because I know how impossible it is to get on duty folks off base (I am DOD as well). Usually it is easier to get the townies on base. I have seen some awesome weddings and processions using pike poles for arches (as mentioned previously). Also have seen rice and confetti tossed from the top of the ladder truck, very nice effect-especially if the ladder is decorated with garlands and the like.
    Also, have you considered talking to the base chaplains about the ceremonies? It might be worth your time since they are used to all of the pomp and rituals and such of military weddings, and you might be able to modify their suggestions into something more fire-friendly while still getting a very awesome wedding.
    Anyways, best of luck to you.

Leave a comment:

• Safety33
    replied
    Two of my friends were just married this past June. After the ceremony, the entire bridal party went for a ride in the quint around the block. The groom drove and the bride was in the officer's seat. Once they returned, the ladies stood on the back of the quint (2 on each step) for photos and then the guys joined them. I have not seen the pictures yet, but I have heard that the pictures look great.

Another member of my department had two ladder truck set up as an arch after the ceremony.

Another member rode to the reception in the Tower.

Best of luck.

Leave a comment:

• firetruckred
    replied
    Originally posted by cityfire7
    When I was married three years ago, my wife and I decided that there was no better place than my station to get married. She grew up in and around the station (her father is a 25 year captain) and the department has been my home and family for the past five years.

We emptied the truck bays and had seating arranged in the bays with the alter/pdium area centered between two of the bay doors. We had an archway with greenery and white flowers against the wall to break up the lines and look of the "institutional-type" wall. At the rear bay doors (to either side of the preacher) we had two of our apparatus faced up to the door openings.

The guys wore black tux w/ white shirts, the ladies wore beautiful red dresses. The ushers were in class A.

Had the grooms cake made to look like the station (complete with engines, ladder and staff cars).
    That is great. Nice special touches.

Leave a comment:

• cityfire7
    replied
    When I was married three years ago, my wife and I decided that there was no better place than my station to get married. She grew up in and around the station (her father is a 25 year captain) and the department has been my home and family for the past five years.

We emptied the truck bays and had seating arranged in the bays with the alter/pdium area centered between two of the bay doors. We had an archway with greenery and white flowers against the wall to break up the lines and look of the "institutional-type" wall. At the rear bay doors (to either side of the preacher) we had two of our apparatus faced up to the door openings.

The guys wore black tux w/ white shirts, the ladies wore beautiful red dresses. The ushers were in class A.

Had the grooms cake made to look like the station (complete with engines, ladder and staff cars).

Leave a comment:

• firenresq77
    replied
    Thanks All!!!

And it might as well be Mini-Me.......... He's a lil parrot!!! It's my sisters son.....

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X