Wedding Tradition in the FD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LadyCapn
    Her dress was amazing, I loved it! Very different.
    I totally agree. She and the dress look stunning.

Comment

Originally posted by FTMPTB15
      Excellent piece of advice... we had a firefighter make the mistake of leaving his camera around the station. BIIIIIIG mistake!!
      Oh, do tell. Tell us the story, come on.

Melissa

Comment

Originally posted by FWDbuff
        I second that motion. All those in favor, say "aye" !
        AYE AYE AYE Carumba!
        Attached Files
        I am a highly trained professional and can find my :: expletive deleted:: with either hand in various light conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by IFDFFENG20
          Don't leave those disposable cameras lying around unless you want your mother-in-law to develop the pics while you are on your honeymoon and see a bunch of firemen showing their ***e$. I laughed, she didn't. She got over it. Still married 7+ years.
          Actually an awesome idea. Give em out like candy -- have somebody collect them -- pay the $9,000 to get them processed and put the best in an album or scan and make a website.
          I am a highly trained professional and can find my :: expletive deleted:: with either hand in various light conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by firetruckred
            I totally agree. She and the dress look stunning.
            Thanks ladycapn and red! We weren't into the whole "tradition" thing for our wedding. I saw her in her dress a few weeks before the wedding when she had her bridal portraits done. We tried to get as many pictures taken before the wedding as possible. That way we had more time to party!! The reception went the same way. As soon as we were done eating, all dances and cake cutting, etc went one right after the other......... Gave people more time to have fun and enjoy themselves.......
            The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
            We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
            IACOJ

Comment

Originally posted by firenresq77
              Thanks ladycapn and red! We weren't into the whole "tradition" thing for our wedding. I saw her in her dress a few weeks before the wedding when she had her bridal portraits done. We tried to get as many pictures taken before the wedding as possible. That way we had more time to party!! The reception went the same way. As soon as we were done eating, all dances and cake cutting, etc went one right after the other......... Gave people more time to have fun and enjoy themselves.......
              Brother I need to meet your wife, and shake her hand, no hug her. She sounds like my sister, who has got a good head on her shoulders and I always can count on her advice. She is about the only one in this world I ask advice, because time after time her suggestions on how to do things are right. The proff is in the pudding. She has always been a blessing. No wonder you all look so good in those pics. No sweaty or stressed lets get to the party looks. Haha. You took time to enjoy what needed to be enjoyed and time to do what was necessary, like those pics. my hats off to you both.

Now that your heads are so big from all these compliments you may need to get sized for a new helmet!

Melissa

M

Comment

Now that your heads are so big from all these compliments you may need to get sized for a new helmet!

Melissa

M
                You do a good job!!
                The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
                IACOJ

Comment

Hey, did you know that 1,123 people have looked at this post. Must have a been a good question and a nice photo album. Man you guys are famous now!

Melissa

Comment

Hey, did you know that 1,123 people have looked at this post. Must have a been a good question and a nice photo album. Man you guys are famous now!

Melissa
                    Yes it's very popular! Thanks for the ideas, and my fiancee loved the photos from your wedding. If anybody else has some more ideas...i would still really appreciate it!

Comment

That aint Mini-Me is it?

Originally posted by ThNozzleMan
                      Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
                      FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

Comment

77, congrats on your marriage, I wish you and your beautiful wife many years of happiness. Your photo album was great. Wonderful photographer and even better photo ideas.

My husband and I got married June 19, 2004. We rode the engine from the church to the reception hall and our photographer took pictures of us on the pump panel and inside the cab.

Again, congrats.
                        Lieutenant/EMT-B

VSFFA Member

"I'm a CCEMT-B."

"Remember, if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off."

"A lack of effort will always lead to failure."

Comment

Thanks All!!!

And it might as well be Mini-Me.......... He's a lil parrot!!! It's my sisters son.....
                          IACOJ

Comment

When I was married three years ago, my wife and I decided that there was no better place than my station to get married. She grew up in and around the station (her father is a 25 year captain) and the department has been my home and family for the past five years.

We emptied the truck bays and had seating arranged in the bays with the alter/pdium area centered between two of the bay doors. We had an archway with greenery and white flowers against the wall to break up the lines and look of the "institutional-type" wall. At the rear bay doors (to either side of the preacher) we had two of our apparatus faced up to the door openings.

The guys wore black tux w/ white shirts, the ladies wore beautiful red dresses. The ushers were in class A.

Had the grooms cake made to look like the station (complete with engines, ladder and staff cars).
                            Stupid People.......Providing Job Security to Public Safety Professionals for ........forever

Comment

Originally posted by cityfire7
                              When I was married three years ago, my wife and I decided that there was no better place than my station to get married. She grew up in and around the station (her father is a 25 year captain) and the department has been my home and family for the past five years.

We emptied the truck bays and had seating arranged in the bays with the alter/pdium area centered between two of the bay doors. We had an archway with greenery and white flowers against the wall to break up the lines and look of the "institutional-type" wall. At the rear bay doors (to either side of the preacher) we had two of our apparatus faced up to the door openings.

The guys wore black tux w/ white shirts, the ladies wore beautiful red dresses. The ushers were in class A.

Had the grooms cake made to look like the station (complete with engines, ladder and staff cars).
                              That is great. Nice special touches.

Comment

Two of my friends were just married this past June. After the ceremony, the entire bridal party went for a ride in the quint around the block. The groom drove and the bride was in the officer's seat. Once they returned, the ladies stood on the back of the quint (2 on each step) for photos and then the guys joined them. I have not seen the pictures yet, but I have heard that the pictures look great.

Another member of my department had two ladder truck set up as an arch after the ceremony.

Another member rode to the reception in the Tower.

Best of luck.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X