No announcement yet.

This morning while gearing up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is not manipulating the system at all.

If you are injured or think you might be injured (as in a nasty fall) and should get checked out....

TAP OUT. Go sick. Don't joke around with it. Have the officer take a mark even if you don't think it is an injury...hours or days later you will be regretting it if you don't. Cover your Azz and your family's.

One question for you...why do you have workmens comp? Why doesn't your department have unlimited sickleave for firemen? Workmens comp only pays what 2/3rds of your salary?

Why would a department have a situation exist where you can get penalized for doing your job? You get injured and in turn you loose money...I don't understand it at all.

Oh and NEVER, NEVER handle your own bills...make the city pay for any and all injuries incured while working.

Glad to hear you are ok...but don't even question it next time...if you aren't 100% go sick...there is no shame in that.

FTM-PTB

Comment

Originally posted by FFFRED
      This is not manipulating the system at all.
      One question for you...why do you have workmens comp? Why doesn't your department have unlimited sickleave for firemen? Workmens comp only pays what 2/3rds of your salary?

Why would a department have a situation exist where you can get penalized for doing your job? You get injured and in turn you loose money...I don't understand it at all.
      FTM-PTB
      Fred, from looking at his sig, OVFD, I'm assuming he's on a volunteer department.

The way it works for us is that our policy pays for all medical costs and 2/3s of your paying gig's salary after three days of missed work. While it sounds tough at first, it really isn't because at least for our policy that 67% is calculated based on gross salary and they don't take out taxes or any other deductions. In the example I posted, our member that broke her ankle actually ended up bringing home a little more than she would have at her paying job.

Hope this helps.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X