MSA/Carins helmets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSA/Carins helmets

Im looking for a new helmet and like the carins traditional style.What are the difference between them? There are the 1010,1000,1044, and the 880. There website doesnt really tell the differences between them. I heard the 880 is for smaller heads. Other than that i cant find any differences besides price. Anyone know?

If you are going to buy a traditional helmet why not spend the money and buy a NFPA Compliant Leather Helmet? It will last you forever and you will not have an immitation helmet!
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Comment

Ditto the good Capt. If you want traditional and have the $$ the go cowhide.

I used to wear a 1010 and it was o.k. - didn't seem to fit my melon quite right no matter what I did. As age, a restricted budget, and more fields of use have come upon me - I have most recently opted to go as "High Speed - Low Drag" as possible and switched to a bullard USRX. This way I can do all my firefighting, EMS, and tech rescue with 1 lid. Less stuff to carry around.

Now - in answer to your question - the info is on the MSA/Carins web site - but you have to know where to look and what to look for.

1010 - A tough, through color, DuraGlas fiberglass and high-temp composite Shell

1000 - A Kevlar-reinforced fiberglass composite shell

880 - A tough, high-temperature thermoplastic shell . . .and a low-ride helmet design creates a low-profile for superior clearance and maneuverability My guess is they set the suspension system "deeper" in the helmet so the shell isn't riding so high on your head like my 1010 did to me.

1044 . . . has the rough, durable matte look that many firefighters like and a through-colored, Duraglas™ composite material shell
      Sounds to me like a non-shiny version of the 1010
      Take Care - Stay Safe - God Bless
      Stephen
      FF/Paramedic
      Instructor

Comment

Go leather

Go for the Sam Houston - NFPA comp and lots of history with Cairns ! Leather forever !

Comment

Originally posted by N2DFire
          Sounds to me like a non-shiny version of the 1010

Exactly.

Our dept. has just switched to the 1044 from Ben2Plus'.
          ------------------------------------
          These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
          ------------------------------------

Comment

the 1010 -is a shiny 1044 and a 1044 is a non gloss finish......... the 1000 has a layer of kevlar in it. The 880 Ida know............HI STAN !!!!
            IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
            Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
            ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
            RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
            LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
            I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
            "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
            http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Comment

Originally posted by FirstDueCTVol
              Go for the Sam Houston - NFPA comp and lots of history with Cairns ! Leather forever !
              I concur!

Leather forever!!!!!

Kevin
              Fire Lieutenant/E.M.T.
              IAFF Local 2339
              K of C 4th Degree
              "LEATHER FOREVER"
              Member I.A.C.O.J.
              http://www.tfdfire.com/
              "Fir na tine"

Comment

Originally posted by FirstDueCTVol
                Most Definatly
                "Train as if your life depends on it"
                Always Remember *343*

Comment

CaptStamm: what kind of lid do you wear?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X