• Show
Clear All

• superchef
    replied
    I like your new toys Johnny. Nice rig.

Leave a comment:

• JonnytheTurk
    replied
    Basically it carriers, Hose, Monitors, has a hose retreval unit on it for collecting High volume hose, branchs....all that kinda stuff...everything u need for a big fire bar the water.....

Leave a comment:

• LaFireEducator
    replied
    Water Suport Unit???

Is that a tanker (slash "tender") or an LDH hose carrier?

Leave a comment:

• JonnytheTurk
    replied
    Yea Steve it should be finished in a few months a far as I'm aware and we get the use of the tunnel for 3 months before it goes live so I'm sure there's gona be alot of training and drill's within those months, at least we get to really see the extent of what were going to be dealing with

Leave a comment:

• JonnytheTurk
    replied
    One of our other big rigs...this thing is a massive truck...our Water Support Unit

(Taken from Blues-twos.com)

Leave a comment:

• MalahatTwo7
    replied
    OK... now I am really messed up. Had to go to a different (indepentant) computer to see the photos that are NOT showing on my regular unit. GGRRRR..... I HATE FIREWALLS!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• JonnytheTurk
    replied
    Originally posted by MalahatTwo7
    Hey Jonny, the text would look better with the pictures attached But thats great news on getting the new toys. Toys are always good!
    You cant see the pics ???

And yes the gremlins are in the house...been trying to post up the pics now for 3 days with no response...!!!

The rig istelf is big alrigth, its bigger than a Ladder, the chassis is about 5 foot longer than a normal truck and about 4 foot higher than one, the cab itself has 12 BA sets rigged to go and there's seats in front of 6 of them so you just sit back into the set and harness yourself up....but comfortable with lots of room 4-5 people could sit in the back along one seat

Leave a comment:

• backsteprescue
    replied
    (Insert angry face here angry smiley doesnt cut it )

Why is the time so screwed up that after reading Jonny's post, mine appears before his?

DAMN GREMLINS!

Leave a comment:

• RspctFrmCalgary
    replied
    OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

OH WEBTEAM!!!!!

Houston, we have a problem!!!!

Leave a comment:

• MalahatTwo7
    replied
    Hey Jonny, the text would look better with the pictures attached But thats great news on getting the new toys. Toys are always good!

Leave a comment:

• JonnytheTurk
    replied
    Tunnel Response Vehicle, our new rig

For anyone that can remember I posted up before about the New Port Tunnel which travels from the Dublin Docks to the Dublin Airport under the city, and how we had some concerns as to the amout of HGV's going to be going in to it that will be carrying all sort of nasty stuff that can make loud bangs...so the Managment of the Fire brigade said..."Lets all send them to switzerland and get them trained"...so thats what we did and 250 of us headed off for training in the Alps....when we came back and everyone was getting organised for the accident waiting to happend they finaly bought us a new Rig for use within the tunnel...and we get to house it in our station....bringing the manning levels of the station to about 20'ish with 2 trucks, TRV, Ambulance and District Officer (Battalion Chief)

So here's a few Pictures of our new rig fully equiped with 12 New Dreagar PSS 100 Twin Cylinder Extended Duration sets, with 14 spare cylinders in a bank, 3 tanks Water, Foam Class A, Foam Class B, Termal imaging, Telemetry Bodyguard System for Crew monitoring while in the fire, Mini Foam Monitors for both Hand and ground use (Like Gattling Guns)

Rear View...a normal Appliance Heigth Finishs just above the Pump bay doors...so u can see its a big rig

A breif glimpse of the back

Leave a comment:

• SteveDude
    replied
    Johnny,
    It looks good Bruv, I was over in Dublin late last June when the training was going on for the Tunnel teams. Is the tunnel nearly finished now?
    Last edited by SteveDude; 07-20-2006, 11:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• backsteprescue
    replied
    You guys can play checkers on the side of your rig?!?!?!? NO WAY! I am SOOOOO jealous.

In all seriousness Jonny, that looks like an awesome rig and if I ever come over to europe I would love to stop by some firehouses to see how its done across the pond.

Leave a comment:

• RspctFrmCalgary
    started a topic Tunnel Response Vehicle, our new rig

Tunnel Response Vehicle, our new rig

Nice!

The cab looks HUGE (from my uninformed, civilian chick perspective LOL)!!

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X