Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Tunnel Response Vehicle, our new rig

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tunnel Response Vehicle, our new rig

Nice!

The cab looks HUGE (from my uninformed, civilian chick perspective LOL)!!
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

You guys can play checkers on the side of your rig?!?!?!? NO WAY! I am SOOOOO jealous.

In all seriousness Jonny, that looks like an awesome rig and if I ever come over to europe I would love to stop by some firehouses to see how its done across the pond.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Comment

Johnny,
      It looks good Bruv, I was over in Dublin late last June when the training was going on for the Tunnel teams. Is the tunnel nearly finished now?
      Last edited by SteveDude; 07-20-2006, 10:40 AM.
      Steve Dude
      IACOJ member
      www.fireservice.co.uk

London Fire Brigade...."Can Do"

'Irony'... It's a British thing.

Comment

Tunnel Response Vehicle, our new rig

For anyone that can remember I posted up before about the New Port Tunnel which travels from the Dublin Docks to the Dublin Airport under the city, and how we had some concerns as to the amout of HGV's going to be going in to it that will be carrying all sort of nasty stuff that can make loud bangs...so the Managment of the Fire brigade said..."Lets all send them to switzerland and get them trained"...so thats what we did and 250 of us headed off for training in the Alps....when we came back and everyone was getting organised for the accident waiting to happend they finaly bought us a new Rig for use within the tunnel...and we get to house it in our station....bringing the manning levels of the station to about 20'ish with 2 trucks, TRV, Ambulance and District Officer (Battalion Chief)

So here's a few Pictures of our new rig fully equiped with 12 New Dreagar PSS 100 Twin Cylinder Extended Duration sets, with 14 spare cylinders in a bank, 3 tanks Water, Foam Class A, Foam Class B, Termal imaging, Telemetry Bodyguard System for Crew monitoring while in the fire, Mini Foam Monitors for both Hand and ground use (Like Gattling Guns)

Rear View...a normal Appliance Heigth Finishs just above the Pump bay doors...so u can see its a big rig

A breif glimpse of the back

Dublin Fire Brigade

*The Fire-Fighting Irish*

If u cant use it, eat it or drink it............SMASH IT !

And always remember to duck !!!!!

Comment

Hey Jonny, the text would look better with the pictures attached But thats great news on getting the new toys. Toys are always good!
          If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

OH WEBTEAM!!!!!

Houston, we have a problem!!!!
            September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
            IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
            Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

(Insert angry face here angry smiley doesnt cut it )

Why is the time so screwed up that after reading Jonny's post, mine appears before his?

DAMN GREMLINS!
              These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Comment

Originally posted by MalahatTwo7
                Hey Jonny, the text would look better with the pictures attached But thats great news on getting the new toys. Toys are always good!
                You cant see the pics ???

And yes the gremlins are in the house...been trying to post up the pics now for 3 days with no response...!!!

The rig istelf is big alrigth, its bigger than a Ladder, the chassis is about 5 foot longer than a normal truck and about 4 foot higher than one, the cab itself has 12 BA sets rigged to go and there's seats in front of 6 of them so you just sit back into the set and harness yourself up....but comfortable with lots of room 4-5 people could sit in the back along one seat
                Dublin Fire Brigade

Comment

OK... now I am really messed up. Had to go to a different (indepentant) computer to see the photos that are NOT showing on my regular unit. GGRRRR..... I HATE FIREWALLS!!!!!
                  If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

One of our other big rigs...this thing is a massive truck...our Water Support Unit

(Taken from Blues-twos.com)
                    Dublin Fire Brigade

Comment

Yea Steve it should be finished in a few months a far as I'm aware and we get the use of the tunnel for 3 months before it goes live so I'm sure there's gona be alot of training and drill's within those months, at least we get to really see the extent of what were going to be dealing with
                      Dublin Fire Brigade

Comment

Water Suport Unit???

Is that a tanker (slash "tender") or an LDH hose carrier?
                        Train to fight the fires you fight.

Comment

Basically it carriers, Hose, Monitors, has a hose retreval unit on it for collecting High volume hose, branchs....all that kinda stuff...everything u need for a big fire bar the water.....
                          Dublin Fire Brigade

Comment

I like your new toys Johnny. Nice rig.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

300x600 Forums Only

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse