X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Res45cuE
    replied
    God help them!

Our thoughts and prayers go out to these two! These taxis are the bane of the city! They are savages who are in-country for a week before getting their licenses.

Leave a comment:

• TCFire
    replied
    Thanks for the update Loo, although this is sad news that no one wanted to hear. Continued thoughts and prayers for these brothers, their families, friends, and the men of R1.

Leave a comment:

• E229Lt
    replied
    "July 25, 2006 -- Doctors amputated the right leg of an elite firefighter who was badly hurt when an out-of-control taxi cab pinned him against a firetruck on the Upper West Side last week, sources said yesterday.
    John Walters, 37, of Rescue 1, had his legs crushed in last Wednesday's tragic accident, which also injured firefighter buddy Mike Schunk.

A team of doctors at Bellevue Hospital worked nearly 12 hours to stabilize the more seriously injured Walters.

The firefighters, who had stopped to buy dinner, were walking behind their rig, double-parked at 71st Street and Columbus Avenue, at around 10:30 p.m. when they were hit.

Cabby Mohammed Ali Kharmis told cops he was cut off by another car and forced into the lane where the firetruck was parked. Kharmis was not charged.

Schunk was in stable condition at New York Hospital. "

Leave a comment:

• Nail200
    replied
    My thoughts and prayers go out to these firefighters and their families.

Leave a comment:

• hwoods
    replied
    And............

I would also add my Prayers and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Leave a comment:

• NYSmokey
    replied
    Good news. Thanks for the update.

Leave a comment:

• E40FDNYL35
    replied
    July 23, 2006 -- Mike Schunk, could be released next week after having surgery on his right leg at Weill Cornell Medical Center where he is said to be in stable condition. John Walters, is at Bellevue in critical but stable condition after both of his legs were broken.

Leave a comment:

• drparasite
    replied
    I hope the brothers at R1 have a quick and speedy recovery, and are back on the truck as soon as possible.

Leave a comment:

• JonnytheTurk
    replied
    From all member of the Dublin Fire Brigade we wish them a well and speedy recovery...

May God look upon the men and women that figth to save life as Angels on earth and may he figth to save there lives in return

Leave a comment:

• E40FDNYL35
    replied
    July 22, 2006 -- One of the firefighters injured when a taxi rammed an FDNY truck on the Upper West Side could be released from the hospital within days - but his more seriously injured comrade remained in critical condition yesterday. Manhattan Rescue 1 firefighters John Walters, 37, and Mike Schunk, 41, were both hit by the out-of-control cab at 10:30 p.m. Wednesday on Columbus Ave. near W. 71st St. Schunk, a married father of a 2-year-old girl, broke his right tibia, requiring a rod to be placed in his leg. He could be released from New York Presbyterian Hospital Weill Cornell by early next week, officials said. But Walters' recovery was less predictable. "It's going to be a long time," a fire official said at Bellevue Hospital, where Walters remained in critical condition. Walters, who lives in Port Washington, L.I., with his wife, was pinned between the cab and the double-parked fire truck. His legs were crushed. Asked when Walters could return to his firehouse, the fire official, who asked not to be identified, said he was not certain. "Maybe never," he said. "We don't know."

Leave a comment:

• backsteprescue
    replied
    My prayers are with the brothers and I am going to print this out and see if we can mention this at our muster tomorrow as at the opening ceremonies we always have a prayer service and memorial service for injured and deceased FF's.

Leave a comment:

• ant195
    replied
    Prayers

My thoughts and prayers go out to the guys who were injured and their families. Get well Soon.

Leave a comment:

• beastie35
    replied
    get well soon brothers!

Leave a comment:

• protomkv
    replied
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CaptainGonzo
    Give the mutts time, George.. I am sure the passsenger will also sue..

I'm good with that. As long as he sues the cab driver, not the FDNY

I'm with you on that George, but I reckon that FDNY has deeper pockets than the cabbie, so they will probably be the ones that the lawyers will go for.

Leave a comment:

• GeorgeWendtCFI
    replied
    Originally posted by CaptainGonzo
    Give the mutts time, George.. I am sure the passsenger will also sue..
    I'm good with that. As long as he sues the cab driver, not the FDNY.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X