Clear All

• ffbam24
    replied
    Anything on a PayPal account?

Leave a comment:

• DaSharkie
    replied
    Originally posted by CaptainGonzo
    The pot is best stirred with a donation to the Johnson Family Fund!

PS: to get me to use that as an avatar, you are going to have to do a hell of a lot better than $1500...

Hey, it was worth a shot.

Leave a comment:

• CaptainGonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by DaSharkie
    I think if we can get $1500 then the good Captain must forever use the photo as his avatar.

Ah, I do so love to stir the pot.
    The pot is best stirred with a donation to the Johnson Family Fund!

PS: to get me to use that as an avatar, you are going to have to do a hell of a lot better than $1500...

Leave a comment:

• DaSharkie
    replied
    I think if we can get $1500 then the good Captain must forever use the photo as his avatar.

Ah, I do so love to stir the pot.

Leave a comment:

• RspctFrmCalgary
    replied
    OK I'm putting a challenge out there to all of you ...

Tell you what...

There is a brother Firefighter/Paramedic named Mark Johnson who works for the Auburn FD and UMass Medical Center. Mark used to work for Patriot Ambulance, our paramedic EMS provider and is one hell of a nice guy.

His wife was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and had a double mastectomy and may face further surgery.

His brothers in the Auburn FD and at UMass are raising funds to help the Johnson family defray expenses. Mark recently got appointed to Auburn, and on a probie salary things are tough.

The Johnsons have three young children, ages 8, 7 and 5.

I'll get the information for the fundraising efforts and post it here as soon as I get it.

You guys raise at least $1000 for Mark and his family and buy the shirt (size XL), I will wear it and post a pic here for all to see.

If I am going to compromise my principals, I am going to do it for a worthy cause!

OK, if we can support a brother to this extent ...

http://forums.firehouse.com/showthre...ishing+contest

and more importantly, this extent ...

http://forums.firehouse.com/showthre...ighlight=quilt

... then surely we can FAR SURPASS Gonzo's $1000 challenge!!! Regardless of the incentive of seeing El Presidente suck it up by wearing such a wacker t-shirt for all to see!

If PayPal can't be set up I'll for sure be sending a donation by snail mail. For the first time in my life I can afford to help out when a call comes from someone in need.

Let's make this happen!!!!

Leave a comment:

• sfdffemt17
    replied
    Johnson Family

Captain Gonzo,

Here at BMF we have a few past and present employees of WEMS, and we have the sign up both in operations, and in the crew quarters. I am looking at it right now. I am not sure if anyone is going to the fundraiser, but I will send a little something along to the Auburn FD for you.

Jon

Leave a comment:

• capfiremedic
    replied
    I'm in for 3 reasons...

1) This Western MA expatriate wants to help, especially after so many have assisted me since the storm.

2) It's the right thing to do.

3) I wanna see Gonz blush.

Leave a comment:

• FTMPTB15
    replied
    I'll be happy to donate, especially if PayPal is an option. However, when you take those pics.. lets make sure they are out in public places.. like neighboring fire stations, etc.

Leave a comment:

• CaptainGonzo
    replied
    I'll contact Tess and see if a paypal account can be set up.

Leave a comment:

• RspctFrmCalgary
    replied
    Originally posted by mcaldwell
    Anybody know how to set up a paypal account for them?

We could fill that in no time, t-shirt or no t-shirt.
    The more options available, the more chance for spontaneous donations/purchases.

Also, I have PayPal and I know that I am a lot more likely to purchase or sign up for something if PayPal is available as a payment option.

Leave a comment:

• mcaldwell
    replied
    Anybody know how to set up a paypal account for them?

We could fill that in no time, t-shirt or no t-shirt.

Leave a comment:

• DaSharkie
    replied
    A good friend of mine now works for WEMS, both of us being former employees of Patriot Ambulance. I might just have to get in on this.

For the blackmail purposes of course, Cap.

I agree, a nice touch.

Leave a comment:

• protomkv
    replied
    Here's the information...

You can send your donation to:

The Johnson Family Fundraiser
    c/o Auburn Fire Department
    47 Auburn Street
    Auburn, MA 01501

Attention: Tess DiBonato

When you send your check, put in a note with your firehouse.com screen name so Tess can keep track and let me know!

Capt Gonzo,
    Could you find out if there is a way that donations could be made by credit card. That way people reading the post are more likely to make the donation straight away, rather than meaning to send a check and forgetting.

Leave a comment:

• ffbam24
    replied
    I'm in!
    bam

Leave a comment:

• CaptainGonzo
    replied
    Here's the information...

You can send your donation to:

The Johnson Family Fundraiser
    c/o Auburn Fire Department
    47 Auburn Street
    Auburn, MA 01501

Attention: Tess DiBonato

When you send your check, put in a note with your firehouse.com screen name so Tess can keep track and let me know!

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X