Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CaptainGonzo
    Tell you what...

There is a brother Firefighter/Paramedic named Mark Johnson who works for the Auburn FD and UMass Medical Center. Mark used to work for Patriot Ambulance, our paramedic EMS provider and is one hell of a nice guy.

His wife was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and had a double mastectomy and may face further surgery.

His brothers in the Auburn FD and at UMass are raising funds to help the Johnson family defray expenses. Mark recently got appointed to Auburn, and on a probie salary things are tough.

The Johnsons have three young children.

I'll get the information for the fundraising efforts and post it here as soon as I get it.

You guys raise at least $1000 for Mark and his family and buy the shirt (size XL), I will wear it and post a pic here for all to see.

If I am going to compromise my principals, I am going to do it for a worthy cause!
    Nice touch, Ron!
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

Here's the information...

You can send your donation to:

The Johnson Family Fundraiser
      c/o Auburn Fire Department
      47 Auburn Street
      Auburn, MA 01501

Attention: Tess DiBonato

When you send your check, put in a note with your firehouse.com screen name so Tess can keep track and let me know!
      ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
      Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

I'm in!
        bam

Comment

Here's the information...

You can send your donation to:

The Johnson Family Fundraiser
          c/o Auburn Fire Department
          47 Auburn Street
          Auburn, MA 01501

Attention: Tess DiBonato

When you send your check, put in a note with your firehouse.com screen name so Tess can keep track and let me know!

Capt Gonzo,
          Could you find out if there is a way that donations could be made by credit card. That way people reading the post are more likely to make the donation straight away, rather than meaning to send a check and forgetting.

Comment

A good friend of mine now works for WEMS, both of us being former employees of Patriot Ambulance. I might just have to get in on this.

For the blackmail purposes of course, Cap.

I agree, a nice touch.
            "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Comment

Anybody know how to set up a paypal account for them?

We could fill that in no time, t-shirt or no t-shirt.
              Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Comment

Originally posted by mcaldwell
                Anybody know how to set up a paypal account for them?

We could fill that in no time, t-shirt or no t-shirt.
                The more options available, the more chance for spontaneous donations/purchases.

Also, I have PayPal and I know that I am a lot more likely to purchase or sign up for something if PayPal is available as a payment option.

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
                Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

I'll contact Tess and see if a paypal account can be set up.
                  ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
                  Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

I'll be happy to donate, especially if PayPal is an option. However, when you take those pics.. lets make sure they are out in public places.. like neighboring fire stations, etc.
                    Do it because you love it, not because you love being seen doing it.

Comment

I'm in for 3 reasons...

1) This Western MA expatriate wants to help, especially after so many have assisted me since the storm.

2) It's the right thing to do.

3) I wanna see Gonz blush.

Comment

Johnson Family

Captain Gonzo,

Here at BMF we have a few past and present employees of WEMS, and we have the sign up both in operations, and in the crew quarters. I am looking at it right now. I am not sure if anyone is going to the fundraiser, but I will send a little something along to the Auburn FD for you.

Jon
                        Jon
                        FF/EMT
                        Communications Trainer
                        IACOJ

Comment

OK I'm putting a challenge out there to all of you ...

Tell you what...

There is a brother Firefighter/Paramedic named Mark Johnson who works for the Auburn FD and UMass Medical Center. Mark used to work for Patriot Ambulance, our paramedic EMS provider and is one hell of a nice guy.

His wife was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and had a double mastectomy and may face further surgery.

His brothers in the Auburn FD and at UMass are raising funds to help the Johnson family defray expenses. Mark recently got appointed to Auburn, and on a probie salary things are tough.

The Johnsons have three young children, ages 8, 7 and 5.

I'll get the information for the fundraising efforts and post it here as soon as I get it.

You guys raise at least $1000 for Mark and his family and buy the shirt (size XL), I will wear it and post a pic here for all to see.

If I am going to compromise my principals, I am going to do it for a worthy cause!

OK, if we can support a brother to this extent ...

http://forums.firehouse.com/showthre...ishing+contest

and more importantly, this extent ...

http://forums.firehouse.com/showthre...ighlight=quilt

... then surely we can FAR SURPASS Gonzo's $1000 challenge!!! Regardless of the incentive of seeing El Presidente suck it up by wearing such a wacker t-shirt for all to see!

If PayPal can't be set up I'll for sure be sending a donation by snail mail. For the first time in my life I can afford to help out when a call comes from someone in need.

Let's make this happen!!!!

Sheri
                          Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

I think if we can get $1500 then the good Captain must forever use the photo as his avatar.

Ah, I do so love to stir the pot.
                            "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

Comment

Originally posted by DaSharkie
                              I think if we can get $1500 then the good Captain must forever use the photo as his avatar.

Ah, I do so love to stir the pot.
                              The pot is best stirred with a donation to the Johnson Family Fund!

PS: to get me to use that as an avatar, you are going to have to do a hell of a lot better than $1500...
                              Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

The pot is best stirred with a donation to the Johnson Family Fund!

PS: to get me to use that as an avatar, you are going to have to do a hell of a lot better than $1500...

Hey, it was worth a shot.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X