Lion Bunker Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lion Bunker Gear

Anyone have an opinion or experience with Lion Bunker gear? Nomex/Kevler specifically - not PBI. Apparently we signed a contract with them for new gear and many are unhappy with the switch in general and Lion specifically since it scored the lowest when tested in the field by fire companies here. Gimme your input!
    I am a complacent liability to the fire service

We have Lion on some of our new stuff. I tried it on and personally I dont like it. It to me is too "fluffy", not very thin. Feels like a big cotton winter coat. My favorite gear is the stuff I use now. UltraLite with UltraFlex liner. (Not sure who makes it, didnt pay much attention to it.

Comment

Chicago, I don't know how valuable our experience will be since our gear will see fewer fires in a year than yours will see in a week but for what it is worth we've had no problems with it. In the last 8 years, we've purchased 30 - 40 sets and haven't encountered any workmanship issues. A couple of sets have also gotten hot enough to melt the scotchlite trim without burning the wearer.

Comment

The times they are a' changin

The only thing better is if you switched to YELLOW Lion gear.
        IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Comment

you guys going with 3/4 or full bunkers?
          The Box. You opened it. We Came...

"You'll take my life but I'll take your's too. You'll fire musket but I'll run you through. So when your waiting for the next attack, you'll better understand there's no turn back."

Comment

Yay, LIONE.

The supplier down here in Kiwi Land for the whole country. Just make damn sure you get the knee pads with it, and do not go near anything sharper than your wit.

And try not to get near anything that is burning, cause it marks the heck out of the stuff, and you have to send it away for cleaning all the time.

Sweat? did I mention how much you can sweat in that stuff, I have poured sweat out of boots wearing it at an MVA, Take lots of water.

Oh. It is GOOD gear, it's official.

(I wanted my Balyclares back, PLEEEEASE.)
            Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
            Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Comment

We have the Janesville Commando gear down here in FL and don't have any problems with it. Not too incredibly hot either.

Comment

4th

I was informed by a reliable source (a Lt. in the 18th) that Engine 54 had SEVEN fires the other day. Have a good time in your new gear.
                IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Comment

Originally posted by MIKEYLIKESIT
                  I was informed by a reliable source (a Lt. in the 18th) that Engine 54 had SEVEN fires the other day. Have a good time in your new gear.
                  54 is a good company. I haven't given up hope yet. This might get stopped over the fishy Lion contract. my last shift we had a fire and were on scene in full gear and tanks for three hours. Would not have been fun in those jagoff bunkers! The fights not lost yet!

Comment

All Globe gear here. Great stuff. We're now in the process of switching over to the G-Extreme gear, and the guys who have it seem to love it. I'm not a big fan of that Lion gear. MP or Globe is the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by ChicagoFF
                      54 is a good company. I haven't given up hope yet. This might get stopped over the fishy Lion contract. my last shift we had a fire and were on scene in full gear and tanks for three hours. Would not have been fun in those jagoff bunkers! The fights not lost yet!
                      Good luck with that fight bro!
                      Shawn M. Cecula
                      Firefighter
                      IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

Comment

We just got done fieldtesting for 8 months

My department just got done field-testing MP, Globe (Gxtreme) and Janesville (V-Force) and we are now going to purchase around 160 sets of Janesville.

We are specifically purchasing Pbi Matrix - if you have the money, DEFINATELY BUY a better shell than nomex.

I would be more concerned with the outer shell than what brand it is...but we love Lion in my department - especially their Class II harness.

Comment

We have had Lion for years and most of the guys think it is just ok.... We have recently started purchasing Morning Pride and I can tell you it run's circles around the Lion crap!!! Just looking at it side by side you can tell which is better and then once you put it on there is no contest at all!!! JMHO

Comment

Well now I'm shocked! You mean to tell me that the city is trying to stick us with crap gear? No way! Everyone suspected this would happen and I still can't find anyone who even wants bunker gear. Beware the good hearted safety sissy - he will [email protected] it up for you every time. Now we are going to have bunkers no one wants made by a company no one likes. Great!

Comment

4th

Someone's relative must have something to do with something. ..Did you make the Blue Line incident?
                              IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X