Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Fighting On The Fireground!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighting On The Fireground!

Originally Posted by NBC4.com
    LANDOVER HILLS, Md. -- Three volunteer firefighters have been suspended for allegedly getting into a fight while battling a fire in Prince George's County.

County fire spokesman Mark Brady said volunteers from three companies, Landover Hills, Kentlands and Bladensburg, responded to a fire Monday morning in the 6900 block of Standish Drive in Landover Hills.

Brady said one of the volunteers parked a fire truck on the hose of another company, setting off the fight which apparently was caught on tape.

Three volunteer firefighters, two from the Bladensburg Fire Company and one from Kentlands, were suspended. Officials said the firefighters were "pushing and shoving" each other outside the burning house. The fire department is investigating the incident.

Brady also said the fire department is investigating an allegation of another scuffle inside the house where two career firefighters suffered minor burns.

The fire was extinguished in a timely fashion, according to officials. There were no other injuries.

The blaze was caused by an unattended candle and caused about $30,000 in damage.

More posts to come !!!! One of the GODS OF FIREFIGHTING decided they would disable another firefighter's SCBA during a working fire. Criminal charges are pending. It's about time the media exposed what is going on in Prince George's County.
    Last edited by firefx; 02-14-2006, 09:09 PM.

The days of the plug thugs come to mind.

Comment

I can see this happening at my department. Why is it the guys who are 5'5, 135lbs are the tough guys?

Comment

Originally posted by firefx
        More posts to come !!!! One of the GODS OF FIREFIGHTING decided they would disable another firefighter's SCBA during a working fire. Criminal charges are pending. It's about time the media exposed what is going on in Prince George's County.
        Okay, which PGFD company are you with? I assume when you speak of the "gods of firefighting" that you talk of Kentland 33. Those members who began the fight will be dealt with as they should be I'm sure. Though the engineer of the piece that parked on the line should know better, even a probie knows you don't park a 60,000# engine on a line.

E229Lt, my thoughts exactly......NOW WHO HAS THE BARREL!!
        Last edited by hfd66truck; 02-27-2006, 03:43 PM.
        FF/NREMT-B

FTM-PTB!!

Brass does not equal brains.

Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the ability to control it.

Comment

I work for PGFD and live in Prince George's County. WHAT STATION ARE YOU FROM in PG County?, or are you on of the disciples, ride-alongs or a wanna-be that lives in the far reaches of Maryland, Virginia, 0r Pennsyltucky that want to ride with a suburburban Fire Dept., get a T-shirt and talk SH*T about people in what you call a ghetto .

Comment

Drama

I think they should post it on their web sites. Seems to me every room and contents fire in some crappy suburban shack or car crash turns into an exciting story of daring deeds. I know the self -proclaimed "best fire department in the world" needs to defend its honor when trampled upon. Hell, I never even heard of these places pre-Resolution 43. The shameless self promotion that is displayed by my fellow IAFF "Brothers" (the 2 hatters that LIVE in a firehouse for Gods sake) is not only amusing, but downright entertaining. Here's a news flash. There are other places in this country that are busy. They just happen to be comfortable enough with their manhood that they dont need to whip it out online, or even more amusing/pitiful...A VIDEO
            IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Comment

Thanks MIKEY. Another fact is two firefighters(Union Members L1619 ) suffered burns that may be related to the actions(the fight inside the house
              ) of fellow firefighter.
              Last edited by firefx; 02-17-2006, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Courtesy of kentland33.com

FIRE SHOWING FROM LANDOVER HILLS HOUSE
                2/13/2006 -
                At 0030 hours, Engine 334, Tower Ladder 33 and Chief 33 (Mattison) were dispatched to 6908 Standish Drive, in Landover Hills, for the house on fire. Initially, calls were flooding into the Prince Georges County 9-1-1 center, reporting that the kitchen was on fire at the above address. First arriving Engine 302 found fire showing from all windows on the first floor, side "B". Engine 334, with five volunteers, arrived, secured the water supply for Engine 302 and stretched a pre-connected back-up line. Once the Tower Ladder arrived with another five volunteers, they quickly went to work, performing a systematic search of the fire floor and floor above. After the main body of fire was knocked down, the Tower Ladder crew opened-up, secured utilities and performed a secondary search of the entire home. It is believed that the fire started due to unattended candles left in the kitchen area (due to a large power outage in the area). No civilian injuries were reported. One firefighter recieved minor burns to his wrist. Kentland Volunteers returned to service just before 0300 hours. Some of the volunteers still had not had solid sleep for almost 48 hours
                IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Comment

There TACT was horrib;le.. it would have only been a ONE on ONE if someone just grabbed a haligan and married to the other guys neck... lol, just kidding..

Anyways,, there have been many times that I want to act out how I described against ONE impaticular member in my group. He thinks heknows it all, talks **** to others when were bull****ting, but clams the **** up when the apts around, and wants to the first one in...

His wqhole demeanor ius ridiculos....

Any stress relief on this one guys?

Comment

Same fire. Courtesy of BV9FD.COM

KITCHEN FIRE IN LANDOVER HILLS
                    February 13, 2006- At 0030 hours Engine 92 and Truck 9 were alerted to 6908 Standish Drive for the house fire. Engine 302 arrived on the scene with fire showing. Truck 9 running as the third due, arrived first and started searching the first floor. Engine 92 arrived one street over and ran a line to the top floor. The fire was knocked down in 5 minutes. Company cleared at 0200.
                    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Comment

Some of the volunteers still had not had solid sleep for almost 48 hours
                      *sniff, sniff*....poor widdle fellers.
                      Member IACOJ

Comment

So the question is... Who REALLY put the fire out ?
                        IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Comment

I"m sure the career guys did not sleep that night in the county (Over 800 Calls for the Fire Dept. in the county during that time). Hope they got back in time to get to their stations in D.C..

Comment

Originally posted by firefx
                            I work for PGFD and live in Prince George's County. WHAT STATION ARE YOU FROM in PG County?, or are you on of the disciples, ride-alongs or a wanna-be that lives in the far reaches of Maryland, Virginia, 0r Pennsyltucky that want to ride with a suburburban Fire Dept., get a T-shirt and talk SH*T about people in what you call a ghetto .
                            WOAH! Easy bro, I wasn't calling you out in any form, I was just curious. What you posted, NOT the article, sounded as if it stems from jealousy, not saying it does, just reads that way to me, calm down. Now firstly, if you read my sig, I'm from WI not Maryland, though I do have friends out that way(not from the companies you've mentioned). Secondly, are there large issues/fights/bad blood between companies in PG-county? Lastly, if a company, mine, yours, or whoever want to have the ego that they are the best, and there is no-one better, fine. Nothing wrong with having the ego, but you must be able to maintain it, and be able to back it up. Ego's are what cause things like this, but it's also what forms brotherhood in some places. Look at the FDNY and how many houses have gained names, or likenesses because of things they've done or do, where they are, or the action they see? It makes this job what it is. I'm not defending anyone, especially when a brother(s) is(are) injured. This will work itself out, and hopefully will improve what you portray to be an ugly situation in PG-County.
                            FF/NREMT-B

FTM-PTB!!

Brass does not equal brains.

Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the ability to control it.

Comment

Sorry pfd4life, I've worked in the county for nearly 20 years. PGFD was once respected , now we are a joke . Our leadership(paid and volunteer) have let the department get out of control. My reactions are the same I have to use at work, sad to say .

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X