Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

cheater bars for scba mask

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cheater bars for scba mask

anyone know to make these for scott facepiece. list of materials and vendors used. thanks

Didn't this subject get beaten to death several months ago and end with a closed thread?
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Comment

i'm sorry i missed all of that. why closed thread?

Comment

http://cms.firehouse.com/forums2/sho...t=cheater+bars
        God Bless America!Remember all have given some, but some have given all.
        Google Is Your Friend™Helpful forum tip - a "must see" if you're new here
        Click this to search FH Forums!

Comment

Re: cheater bars for scba mask

Originally posted by osiris500mob
          anyone know to make these for scott facepiece. list of materials and vendors used. thanks
          You want to mess up one of the most important parts of your presonal protective equipment?

Sound like someone has a deathwish... don't plan on using one, dying in a fire and expect your survivors to get LODD benefits...

There's something in the water later lately...maybe it's...

Stupidium!
          Last edited by CaptainGonzo; 03-23-2005, 08:15 PM.
          ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
          Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Ditto........

Why would you even think about doing this???????
            The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
            We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
            IACOJ

Comment

With the nice elasticized hair nets on modern SCBA masks, there is no need to jeopardize your safety with a rig like that. Scott's in particular are very easy to pull on and off without re-adjusting.

And the practice of removing your mask during overhaul should be avoided too. The latests studies show some of the nastiest by-products are found during overhaul. This sounds like a recipe for the big C to me.

Just my 2 cents.
              Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Comment

Re: Re: cheater bars for scba mask

Originally posted by CaptainGonzo

You want to mess up one of the most important parts of your presonal protective equipment?

Sound like someone has a deathwish... don't plan on using one, dying ina fire and expect your survivors to get LODD benefits...

There's something in the water later lately...maybe it's...

Stupidium!
                Thanks Capt.

This subject has me dumbfounded. Why would anyone want to use this device? Sounds like an accident waiting to happen. Use the SCBA as it is designed or the legal ramifications could cause the department a major headache.
                K-9 hunt, the ultimate challange.
                EVERYONE GOES HOME
                IACOJ

Comment

If you take the doors off your car it will be easier getting in and out!! Don't do it.

Comment

Re: cheater bars for scba mask

Originally posted by osiris500mob
                    You can pm or email me and I’ll give you the full lowdown on the attributes of being a knucklehead. Basically, the same schpeel I’ve given to a few younger members of the fire service including one in my dept.

I’ll also explain to you why I sincerely feel that I’m the luckiest guy on earth.

A full listing of idiotic things I’ve done over the years because I thought I was invincible. One of those idiotic things, from a list of many -- is going into fires (good jobs) as a routine with my face piece dangling on my side until conditions absolutely forced me to put it on my face. No one really knows the exact cause of many cancers including the one that I’m fortunate enough to be beating. However, most Doctors would agree that inhalation & absorption of toxic smoke and gases (both one time and repeated exposures) would be one of the many suspects on their list.

A few years back FDNY-UFA was able to get the cancer bill through for their members by gathering statistics showing a higher incidence rate of certain types of cancer amongst FF’s. This should be the standard for all FD’s both volunteer and paid.

Guy’s years ago (fire service war years) who used cheaters and bite bars didn’t know any better. Way back when, getting a guy to use a cheater or bite bar could be considered an improvement from using nothing at all. Today we all know better, as I should have, and now do.

Stay Safe

Comment

Lame...

How f-ing lame is this? Do you want to get by your whole
                      like by cheating?

Why? Just for the FDNY look/way of doing things? Give me
                      a break?

Stop cheating and use your PPE properly.

-Bou

Comment

It would be like diving 50 feet into a swimming pool in the dead of winter, only to find out that there isn't any water in the thing!!!

Don't monkey with your PPE!!!!!!

OUTSTANDING

Make It Happen

Never forget 9-11-2001
                        343 Brothers Who Were MURDERED!!

Comment

Holy cow. That guy looks like a real genius. Not only is he wearing a carhart coat for bunker gear, he's got the regulator hooked up to plastic mouthpiece, but with no actual mask around it. What the heck good is that? Looks like one of the newer Scott masks too. Wonder what his justification for tearing up a perfectly good mask was.

Mike

Comment

wanted to be a scuba diver but can't swim?

One step forward, three steps back. I have a spot the size of a quarter on my left lung from being young, stupid and arrogant a number of years ago. Took my mask off when I was specifically told not to during over haul in a quonset hut filled with plastic bins. After a couple days in the hospital, I had a lot of the stupid and arrogant knocked out of me. The Chief took care of the rest when I came back to the station.

Leave the mask alone!!

Comment

Looks like Lt. Pete Lund from R-2 (Ret.)

Wouldn't smoke still get into your eyes when using that mask?
                              Chris Shields
                              Lieutenant / EMT
                              Haz-Mat Technician
                              East Syracuse Fire Dept
                              Onondaga County, NY

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

300x600 Forums Only

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse