No announcement yet.

What type of Ladder truck do you like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have 2 types of Ladder trucks in my Dept. We have 1 1987 Midmount 95' Tower Ladder (bucket) i'm not sure about brand but its nice. But i have to say i prefer our 1997 Pierce 105' Stick..i love it..im up there every single chance that i get..its totally awesome.!

Comment

Does someone other than Sutphen build a ladder truck? I think not!!

Comment

I'm proud to be part of that 1% that a tiller truck is practical for. Tillers are the only way to go. Can get anywhere with the right driver & tillerman, and even with the wrong drivers it can still get into places that others can't.

Right behind tillers are the Baker Aerialscopes.

"Tiller Naked"

Comment

personally I prefer towers but I'm at a station where there is a stick!we only have one person to two people on it and a rescue truck(with two people on it) jumps on it if there is a fire call!

Comment

I would prefer one that actually works.

Comment

I would just like to see our get used? 1990 E-One Hurricane 95' Platform

------------------
              All comments expressed are my own and do not reflect the opinions of the Logan Fire Dept or Local 2148

Dave
              Logan Fire Dept
              Local 2148

Comment

Tillers are my favorite but I also like snorkles and I can not forget about our 89 LTI Rear Mount!,

------------------
                Engine101
                Tim Macias
                [email protected]
                I will fight fire for Electricity

Comment

Engine101 Nice looking Tiller thanks for your imput.

Comment

When you are in a "newer city" all trucks work. When you are in the northeast and have power lines EVERYWHERE a Snorkel can save your a%&. We have 3 sticks [75, 105,100] and one 85' Snorkel. When you work with hundreds of three deckers in a row, and the power lines are in the way, move the sticks down the street and use their crews for search. Leave the front for the Snorkel and get the roof with safety and authority.

Comment

I love to drive my 1999 Pierce Quint Quantum 105'with all-wheel steer.Drives like a champ and the ladder operations are versatile for our city and applications.

Comment

It's all about the Tower Power, baby!! Check out my cities 2000 Sutphen, it's a beaut!

]

------------------
                        Joe
                        Daysleeper47
                        "When the bell goes ding-ding, its time to get on the woo-woo."
                        "Dusting desire - starting to learn. Walking through fire with out a burn..."

[This message has been edited by daysleeper47 (edited 01-31-2001).]

Comment

You just CANNOT beat the power, integrity, beauty, versatility, and brute strength of a baker Aerialscope. And that's the bottom line.

Comment

I'll second the vote for the `Scope as long as it's on a Mack chassis..... (insert a couple of Tim Allen grunts here )

Comment

I perfer the tradtional strick type with a pre-piped water way. My dept has a 110' E-One straight stick, and I love it. The only down fall is that it doesnt have its own pump, so a Engine Co. must be designated to supplyinng it.

Comment

Wait till your new shinny Sutphen starts falling apart, it won"t take long Baker is the only way to FLY!!!!!

BE SAFE Cya on Da BOX

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X