Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way, but I signed on to do a job, a job who's description is to save lives by doing whatever it takes. Now I'm always looking out for my partner #1 and myself #2, then the people I'm helping, but it's my job to do what it takes, how is doing that being a hero, I see it as just doing my job, like the person behind the desk at the bank. The only time I see a person in our field (FF, medic, PD) as a hero is if they pay the ultimate price, and it wasn't in vain. I guess I can't put on paper how I see it without making it sound bad to most people, it's just my philosophy. You pry couldn't understand without talking to me.

-FF D. Betka
    NSFD
    Norton Shores, MI

Comment

Very, Very good post....

Thank You for your insight and sharing your thoughs.

I couldn't agree more...

------------------
      Rescue Squad #2
      "First In ~ Last Out"

Comment

Zippy, I couldn't agree more. Both vol and paid this field is extremely taxing and to have this happen is a tragedy. I feel that an " eye for eye" law should be passed for these instances, because I wouldn't want my worst enemy to pay the price at a fire scene.
        These firefighters should hurt for what they did, not sit with three hots and a cot. If a hero could be defined another way I would propose: " A person who helps you find good in yourself" I think it's a song I heard. I think it's a different viewpoint.
        Cops, firefighters, EMT's and all who work for the common good are each heros. Each job makes you "put it out there" sometimes, which make them stand out in importance. Sometimes the badge is a mask for the bad though.
        Be safe.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X