X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FiremedicMike
    Forum Member
    • Apr 2001

Nypd 24/7

Did anyone catch this show tonight... Pretty uneventful until the end during an MVA with entrapment in which an ESU officer is standing in front of the camera basically calling the FDNY brothers on the scene a bunch of jerks who don't know how to do their job.. The best line out of his mouth "yeah maybe they'll get better when they get some more experience" (paraphrased..)
  • Parrothead
    • Jun 2004

He called them amatures!WTF? I guess they really don't get along to well down there.

Comment

• WRENCH
      Forum Member
      • Jun 1999

nypd

That show was biggest bunch of biased trash I have ever seen. During the entire show not one good word came out of the ESU Lt,s mouth.
      So much for trying to improve relations. I feel for the brothers from FDNY. The fire commissioner and the unions should be screaming to get that program off the air. Why that alleged public servant is allowed to talk like that on camera is a travesty. He should be disiplined and taken off the show. I for one will not watch that show again, and all firefighters everywhere should write ABC and demand it's cancelation
      or action taken.That officer definitly has a big ego problem.

Comment

• CMullen8
        Forum Member
        • Oct 2002

The part about the fire department coming to your house, breaking down the door, tearing down your ceiling and then patting them on the back when they finish really bothered me. A real slap in the face from New York's finest.

Comment

• PeteThor813
          Forum Member
          • Nov 2002

I liked it. It made me laugh. The guy said it tongue in cheek about bashing up a house and ffers getting credit afterword. And about the thing of the MVA, if it is true so be it. The only way to get better is to know your flaws. I did see an abandoned patient there, and that was wrong. I also saw scenes where the NYPD looked pretty stupid too, and that is what is real. Firefighters do make mistakes, the only way to get better is to realize what you did wrong. This show does that. So what if it makes us look more human, because that is what we are...
          "We had trouble putting out the fire because the house and everything in it was burning at the time"---The Chief while speaking to the press--no lie

Comment

• CaptainGonzo
            Forum Member
            • Aug 2000

Most cops would rather be firefighters... it's that fear of heights and fire thing that prevents them from doing so...
            ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
            Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

• MIKEYLIKESIT
              Forum Member
              • Nov 2001

The first time the ESU guy gave a little dig at firefighters, it may have been tongue in cheek. I doubt it. He just wanted it to APPEAR that way. The second dig was just that. Sipowicz should have given the firemen a chance for a rebuttal. That cop was a hard-on mugging for the camera. Tossing the keys of that truck driver in the street. Brilliant. He looked like a six year old.
              IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Comment

• Ltmdepas3280
                Forum Member
                • Mar 2001

I laughed..I cried..and then I laughed

After watching the show I must say they have thier job descriptions totally messed up, the ESU need to drive thier trucks to Joe's body shop and have them painted red. The sad part of the whole situation is that most P.D.s in the country stick to the job description and mission that is assigned to them ..which is Law enforcement and Investigations and do not do the rescue and haz-mat. The NYPD could take a lesson from Fire-rescue services and the police departments that responded to the Pentagon on 9/11 and follow the incident command system...they have their s#it together.
                IACOJ Membership 2002
                {15}

Mike IAFF

The beatings will continue until the morale improves

Comment

• Neman13
                  Forum Member
                  • Feb 2001

Bunch of gun totin' donut munchin' amado shootin' bullies

When is it on TV again. This sounds like it was funny!
                  “Just when you think something is made to be Idiot Proof. They go a head and make a better Idiot”

Comment

• kentbwj
                    MembersZone Subscriber
                    • Jun 2003

Although I really enjoy the show, "NYPD: 24/7," my mouth dropped open when the ESU guy made those comments. His behavior was incredibly arrogant and very unprofessional. Although I don't like to base my opinion on one incident, it really gives me some insight into which side is responsible for the discord between the NYPD and the FDNY. I think the man owes the FDNY a public apology. I am really surprised that this incident wasn't a headline in any of the main NYC newspapers-the Post, Daily News, or the Times. At a time when the two organizations should be working together, this divisiveness is totally uncalled for.

Comment

• rescue133lt
                      Forum Member
                      • Jul 1999

Re: I laughed..I cried..and then I laughed

Originally posted by Ltmdepas3280
                      After watching the show I must say they have thier job descriptions totally messed up, the ESU need to drive thier trucks to Joe's body shop and have them painted red. The sad part of the whole situation is that most P.D.s in the country stick to the job description and mission that is assigned to them ..which is Law enforcement and Investigations and do not do the rescue and haz-mat. The NYPD could take a lesson from Fire-rescue services and the police departments that responded to the Pentagon on 9/11 and follow the incident command system...they have their s#it together.
                      I wholeheartedly agree. Nowhere in the NYPD mission statement does it mention responding to emergencies such as MVA's. "...to enforce the laws, preserve the peace, reduce fear, and provide for a safe environment." Sounds like they ARE meddling in someone else's business. And what a jagoff that guy was. "I'm not sure how NYPD would feel about that (throwing that guys keys on top of his truck)." Well, I hope he finds out, and I hope they come down on him hard for that and for creating an atmosphere of tension between NYPD and FDNY by his public statements slamming the FDNY brothers. There was no call for that.
                      Lt. John Kaltenbach
                      Mifflin Fire - Rescue 133
                      Gahanna, OH

"Vermögen bevorzugt das tapfere!"

Comment

• kentbwj
                        MembersZone Subscriber
                        • Jun 2003

If the mood hits and you feel like complaining, you can go to www.nyc.gov, then look under city agencies for 'police.' There's a place in there to leave a message. I also sent a message to ABC suggesting that they should give the FDNY some airtime to refute the comments that were made by the ESU officer.

Comment

• Bones42
                          Forum Member
                          • Mar 2001

anyone notice there are no fdny poster's chiming in here? could it be they realize it's a TV show and not worth worrying about?

hmmmm, maybe they are on to something.....
                          "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Comment

• Tallyho74
                            Forum Member
                            • May 2004

I am sure the guys at the rescue company on that accident appreciated being called amateurs. Maybe it was just me but it looked like that ESU Lt. got a face full of dry chem when he dumped his extinguisher on the car fire.....Maybe if they told him it worked like his handgun and the business end went towards the target. I guess instead of standing back and grandstanding for the cameras, maybe he should have jumped in and helped the patient. Then again, he wouldn't have been able to bash the guys working. For such an elite unit, the leadership appears pretty bush!

Comment

• MIKEYLIKESIT
                              Forum Member
                              • Nov 2001

Sorry Bonesy, but since I took an hour out of my life to watch that show, I feel its ok to comment on it. That copper maligned ALL firefighters on a national tv show..Not just FDNY people. I would have rather watched that vice chick dressed up like a howah bustin old men and yuppies for an hour then Lt. Hero explaining why he has it so tough. I will leave on this note. FIRE Lt. FIRST in the door. POLICE Lt. LAST in. I generally like cops and realize they have a tough job, but this guy was out of line.
                              IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...