Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you call yourself a Fireman or Firefigter???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since I was a kid, my father always corrected me when I said fireman. He beleved that a fireman shovels coal on a train. He was a firefighter. He's also the least PC person I know.

Comment

Actually, the way I look at it, is that Firemen save basements.

Firefighters do a hot, dirty,thankless job at all hours, in the worst of conditions, some without pay, continually seek education to find ways to do their job safer and more efficiently, go above and beyond the call of duty to save lives and property from an enemy that knows no boundries. And they Love it.

Take Care and stay safe,

Jim

Comment

Firefighter!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ed Brando

Comment

Firefighter definitely. Fireman is okay too,
          but, PLEASE don't use fireperson!

Comment

This is kinda ironic. I usually use the term firefighter. The nickname Fireman_Frank I picked up in college. I was a volunteer(and still am) and some friends of mine started calling me Fireman_Frank. It just stuck.

Stay safe all!

Comment

FIREFIGHTERS!!!

Comment

I prefer the traditional fireman, but I do refer to myself fairly ofter as a firefighter. Just beware though, a friend signed up to be a fireman in the Navy and ended up not doing CFR as he wanted to, but in the engine room! Oops...

------------------

Comment

I am a Firefighter, but it doesn't bother me to be referred to as a Fireman. It is hard to break old habits. I have even caught my husband saying, "My wife's a fireman." I think fireman is what we all grew up with.

I get really sick of this politically correct stuff. I'm not in this to change the world, I'm in it to fight fires and help people, just like everyone else.

KGM

P.S. In my career before firefighting I was a pressman, not a pressperson.

Comment

I've said it before and I'll say it again-Firefighter. I just had this conversation with my oldest brother(cop-need I say more?) who insisted the "gender neutral" term is "fireperson"-I swear that 90% of the time I tell someone my mom is a Firefighter they say "Your mom is a fire...ma...wo...person?"-no, Firefighter. Frankly, you can call me a fireman until I take my helmet off.

Althea "Firewoman's daughter" Forhan

Comment

I refer to myself as a firefighter. I look at fire as a living breathing entity. Henceforth I would find it necessary to fight it.

Comment

Originally posted by iwood51:
                        It's called The Fireman by george Strait, but it has nothing to do with fighting fires, it's about him putting out his old flames. Circa 1985 if I remember right.

Thanks Les I didn't think anyone notice my Trivia question

Yeah, but the song could be interpeted to make it applicable to the profession if needed. :]

Comment

I call myself a Fire Fighter. I Fight fire. I don't sit around and have dinner with it, I fight it. I don't like it. That's why I fight it.

Fire Fighter

Comment

Originally posted by Fireman0023:
                            I call myself a Fire Fighter. I Fight fire. I don't sit around and have dinner with it, I fight it. I don't like it. That's why I fight it.

Fire Fighter

Umm, then why didn't you set your id up as firefighter0023 ?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X