Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you call yourself a Fireman or Firefigter???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hagerff/emti:
    Firefighter is what were called here.

isnt there a song called: I'm a Fireman that's my name???

It's called The Fireman by george Strait, but it has nothing to do with fighting fires, it's about him putting out his old flames. Circa 1985 if I remember right.

Thanks Les I didn't think anyone notice my Trivia question

Comment

Ok I too, have not noticed which I use most often, depending on who I'm talking to or where I'm at> Not getting in the PC stuff, or what Webster says> (my dad was a fireman, at school he works at, also served as chief at fire dept.) Don't be knocking fireman, as far as what I call myself, the kids at the school, I teach fire prevention at call me "fireman Chris" and that's good enough for me

[This message has been edited by Fyrball105 (edited 01-25-2001).]

Comment

It doesn't matter to me....but normally I say firefighter.

------------------
        TC/SS,

Joe Thomson
        [email protected]

Comment

Personally, I dont' care professionally,I use the term "Firefighter". My co-workers sometimes call me "stupid", or many other names that I wont' mention here. I have many names for them in return( all in fun).
          I think I'll go with the Spanish term "BOMBERO" that sounds pretty cool.

Comment

Any one of us employed (or volunteer)are known as a "Firefighters", but it takes a little more to be a "Fireman"!! Just a thought.

Comment

Call me a City Fireman.....R-1 you are exactly right.....There are lots of firefighters here but only a few firemen.

Comment

I'm pretty sure there were firemen long before there were boiler workers, Navy dudes and railroad workers. What ever floats your boat or your outfit says....but I won't change it for a female. When people are judjed by there peers on my job the simply say..."yeah, he's a good FIREMAN."

Comment

WHAT do they call me at work?

SKIDZ

SKIDZZ

------------------
                  PROUD, PROFESSIONAL, PROGRESSIVE

Member IAFF Local 1664
                  [email protected]

Comment

"Combustion Suppression Engineer"

HA!

I prefer firefighter!!

------------------
                    "Loyalty above all else, except honor."

Comment

I usually say firefighter. I don't really care which is "PC", I just think it's a better description of the job.

------------------
                      Bradford County PA.
                      Department 19

Comment

fireman, firehuman, firefighter, hell you could call me Al. just don't call me a Sh_t Bird.

Comment

I have to laugh,

I found a book at my mothers house that belonged to me when I was a child. It was a "Little Golden Book". It is titled "Fire Engines". The title they used for those who were fighting the fire was "firemen". I have 3 small children now. They received an updated IDENTICAL book. The title, the pictures, everything was the same except for 1 thing. They now referred the same folks as "fire fighters"

Personally, I use both interchagably whether I am referring to a male or female. This will be an argument until fire becomes extinct.

Just to let you know, all the characters in both books on the job are male. The last page of the book shows an 8 man, open cab, tailboard riding crew driving away returning to quarters. Hmmm, I wonder what else has changed in 30 years!?!

The caption on the last page in my book: "Hurray for the brave firemen!"

The caption on the last page in my kids book: "Hurray for the brave fire fighters!"

FIREMEN or FIREFIGHTERS:
                          HURRAY FOR THE WORLD'S BRAVEST!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob Fields
                          Engine Co. 2
                          Hobart Fire Dept, Indiana

Comment

i consider myself a firefighter. I have been on the iowa park fire dept for a little over 1 year and it has been the best times of my life. It has been an honor being able to become a firefighter

------------------
                            the few, the proud, the insane-ipfd

Comment

Firefighter!

Comment

Firefighter

------------------
                                **The preceding comments in no way represent the views of my department, its members, or associations that it may belong to.**

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X